Chapter 49 👑

Abuja, Nigeria.

Khadijah Daihaah's POV

Days passed in a blur. I've eventually lost track on counting my days here, not that I can actually tell the time, whether it's daylight or night time. So, for all I know I might've been here for a week, two weeks, or maybe more.

All I know is that with every day that passes, I fear my so called father less. He hasn't done anything or even attempted to hurt me, he has always been patient and as polite as he can be. At first I didn't believe him and he didn't try to convince me, he just told me I should believe what I want to believe but what he's telling me is the truth.

To say I was confused will be an understatement. The first thing that made me believe him is that he's Layla's father. Even then, it didn't clear my suspicions. Well that was until he explained everything. He said that he and Ummi have been married for ten years until they separated due to some unwanted circumstances. I asked him what those unwanted circumstances were but he told me it's nothing I should worry about, that it's all in the past.

I asked him how he ended up with Layla and then he told me he had custody of her while Ummi had mine. Now, I'm a business student not a law student so I know nothing about the conditions of custodies and whatnot so I didn't ask more on that. The next thing I asked him was why Ummi never told me about him and why I never knew of Layla's existence. He then said Ummi wanted to keep me away from him, and for the past 21 years he had been trying to find a way to get me. And it just so happens that it had to happen under this circumstance. All he wanted was to get to know me, his daughter.

And that was all. He didn't answer any of my numerous questions again saying that it will not be of any use to me.

Another thing is that he won't tell me where I am no matter how many times I asked him. He wasn't always here and when he wasn't I was left in the room he locked me up in. I've tried to escape many times but the damn door won't budge, and with no windows so I'm simply stuck!

The only good thing about being here is that one, I wasn't tied to a chair and tortured, I mean that's what kidnappers always do right? And two, I only eat what I want. He always asked me what I want and he'll have the food prepared for me and when it's ready a lady brings it for me. I tried to talk to her but it was like talking to a wall, she won't even spare me a glance much less pay heeds to me. The third thing is that the drawer is freaking stocked with Abayahs and pajamas to where when I'm going to sleep. Now the thing I care about are the abayahs.

At least I can label this kidnapping as one thing, fancy.

I have not been kidnapped before but I know this isn't how a person is being treated after being kidnapped.

The door creaked open interrupting my chain of thoughts, I raised my head up from the chaise lounge I am sitting on and my gaze fell on my 'father'. Just like every other day he visits, he has this smile on his face that makes him look younger that he is.

"How are you Khadijah?" he asked taking a seat on the couch opposite where I am sitting.

"Slowly losing my mind for trapped here for too long" I answered nonchalantly looking away from him. I'm still not comfortable around him nor am I being nice to him, and in case you're wondering why, it's just this simple reason that the man freaking kidnapped me!

"Don't worry you won't be here for long" is his only answer.

"What do you mean?" I asked genuinely concerned. Is he finally letting me go back to my family? Or what?