Chapter 30 👑

Dedicated to @phaxerh_tukur whom almost killed me yesterday for not updating 😂😂

It's a very long one.

Enjoy!

I had a bit of writer's block but the songs below were the ones I listened to while writing the chapter and it helped me got rid of it.

Chapter playlist

US by James Bay.

Nobody by Dj Neptune, Joeboy and Mr Eazi.

Jealous by Fireboy.

Vibration by Fireboy.

Like I do by Fireboy.

Sorry by Halsey.

Hanya Rindu by Andmesh.

Back to you by Selena Gomez.

Can you feel the love tonight by Pentatonix.

Aamir and Khadijah's wedding card

Khadijah Daihaah's POV.

September 21, 2019.

Abuja, Nigeria.

I've dreaded this day for as long as I could remember. I guess I've never believed that a day like this would come. But, the most unimaginable things had happened in my life so I know this is nothing to be surprised over. I've lost people, I've almost died, I've almost lost my mother, my life literally changed in a blink of an eye and now...this.

Waking me up the next day proved to be a very difficult task. I knew what today is and I all but wanted to wake up and live through it. I am in Anty Asmau's house. I didn't know when Adda arrived but that woman raised hell on earth until I woke up.

She forced me into the shower which I reluctantly took and came out all dressed up in a white robe. The makeup woman and Adda were already waiting for me when I came out along with Jannah.

I shook my head, "Adda I really don't need makeup today, you all know I'm going to ruin it right?" I asked referring to the waterworks that is bound to happen later.

Adda Anee rolled her eyes, "She'll make it waterproof"

"No. I really don't want makeup right now. Let's just leave it until when we'll leave for Katsina" I don't need makeup right now knowing that I'll have to go to my aunts for the nasiha. I'll just ruin the makeup with th tears anyway, lus that means I'll still have to get my makeup done again even if it's waterproof.

Adda Aneesah turned to Jannah who shrugged "She kind of has a point, let's just leave her for now. Besides, Anty Asmau and the others are already downstairs waiting for her, we can't keep them waiting for long. The nikah is in an hour" she said as she made her way to my closet to pick out my outfit for now.