Chapter 45 👑

Khadijah Daihaah's POV.

The next day morning was just like the mornings we'd been having before we left Katsina. We all are to have breakfast in Grandmother's chambers and that was exactly what happened. The only difference though is that this time it wasn't just the close family members of the El Khabir family, there were two other women alongside with Hama, Haya and Maya whom are Sultan's sisters.

So apparently sultan has two other brothers but I've never heard of them because both of them stayed away from their family as they want nothing to do with the royalty whatsoever. Another reason why no one speaks about them is that they left Katsina even before Sultan became the King. One of them lives in Lagos while the other lives in Ibadan.

So the two women are their wives and they are only her for the wedding. Now speaking off weddings, I've seen one of them at our wedding and I'm sure the other one didn't attend because I didn't see her. The one that I've met is a bit reserved and doesn't talk much. After introducing herself to me she didn't say anything again. The other one that I haven't one I haven't seen before however hasn't even spared me a glance. Both of their husbands are not present here so yeah, here we are.

"Qamrah, it's so nice to have you back. The house wasn't the same without you" The woman who did attend our wedding said as she flashed Mami a smile which Mami reciprocated. Speaking of smiles that was the first time I've seen her smile or even attempted to do so. She must've really loved Mami or is just on good terms with her.

"Thank you. It feels good to be back" Mami replied as she placed her cup of tea down.

The woman nodded slowly before she moved her gaze to Anty Rabi, "Rabiah, it must've been a moment of joy to have reconciled with your co wife since you've been all alone in this big place for what? Sixteen years? I know mother is here to help you but there are some things you just can't do which Qamrah here can" she said and although her tone was soft and low you can detect the mockery in it.

Anty Rabi who had been quiet all the while smiled widely, "I was just as delighted as you were when your husband married a second wife. And believe me; my happiness knew no bounds just like yours were. Speaking of which, how is she? I heard that she recently travelled abroad with your husband while you were in Kano right?"

That surely shut her up and no one else spoke. You can detect the tension in the air so thick like a blanket. The question she asked was still lingering in the air but the woman didn't answer. Instead, her face turned passive again as she continued eating her food without uttering a word more making Anty Rabi smile in triumph.

After breakfast, everyone was still quiet as we waited for Grandmother to say something since she always does, and she did.

"Rabiah here suggested something and demanded immediate effectiveness but I think I need permission from you Umar first" she said moving her gaze from Anty Rabi who had a smug look on her face to Hermano whom is not so discreetly glaring at her.

"What did she suggest grandma?" he asked, his voice calm but with an underlying anger.

Grandmother sighed, "She suggested that it will be better since Aneesah is approaching her sixth month that she should stay back here with her where she's take care of her while you go back to Abuja"

"No. my wife is not staying her" he answered without thinking twice making Anty Rabi glare at him.

"I wasn't asking you" she gritted out.

"But I was" Queen Dowager interjected as we all just kept quiet and watched them since we can't do anything.

"Mother, no—"