Chapter 11👑

Unedited!

April 20, 2016

Karaye, Kano.

Prince Aamir, together with Suhad and Sultan Omar stood outside the king's chambers with Yerima Yaqub, Prince Khalifa and Najeeb Waleed, their three childhood friends as they reminiscence the good old days.

"Baaba, remember that time when we went to ask for Zahrau's hand in marriage for Prince Khalifa?" Sultan Omar asked as he started laughing.

"Oh my!" Prince Aamir said as he joined his brother laughing too.

"Mazaaa, we laid flat on the floor faaa. Gashi that day I wore my white kaftan wai mu zamu je neman aure wajen yarabawa. Dude what made you marry a Yoruba woman please?" Suhad stated shaking his head in amusement.

Prince Khalifa of Kaduna State huffed, "Arakunrin mi, ife ni ki n se (my brother, love made me do it)" he said smiling goofily.

"You have started speaking that you juju language koh?" Yerima Yaqub asked glaring at Prince Khalifa.

"Juju?! O asiwere, ki olorun ki o seto re( juju? , you are insane, may God arrange you)"Prince Khalifa said smiling.

"Kai malam stop speaking that language" Najeeb said for the first time.

Suhad was about to reply when a sleek black Maserati Ghibli pulled in the driveway pass the royal guards who erupted in praises and hails when they noticed who the person is. The makida and masu kidan gargajiya approached him as they beat their traditional drums and blows the clarinet and flutes

"Sai kai dan mai jama'a, masu mutane a nan da can. Duk inda kaje sai an yabe ka, dan Muhammadu Murad, jikan Sarkin Kano. Ko bacci kake ansan sadaka kakeyi, ninfashin ka ma cewa yake 'basu! Basu!' mai taimaka wa talakawa, na talakawa. Farin cikin ka kaga an temakawa wa talakawa......" one of the singers chanted.

"Who is that?" Yerima Yaqub asked staring at the car curiously.

The car opened and a figure walked out in a navy blue kaftan and a matching Zanna Bukar cap. His lips stretched into a wide smile revealing his pearl white teeth while his eyes glitters as he smiled. His jet black hair shone as if hair gel had been applied on it multiple times. In any outfit Muhsin always looked model worthy unfailingly. Honestly, he's a sight to envy.

He gave the people some money before making his way into the palace while the makida kept singing at the top of their lungs, praising him more that they already had.

"That's Mubarak Muhsin Murad", Suhad said answering Yerima Yaqub's earlier question.

Inside the palace chatters resonated. People kept trooping in and out as today is one of the most important and busiest days. Several crowds of people dispersed around the palace, mostly women, who kept on gossiping endlessly.