Chapter 21👑

It's been a while!

I miss y'all💗🌸😭

21 YEARS AGO.

KANO, NIGERIA.

The little 10 year old boy almost too slowly walked to where the crib is, his mother trailing behind him. He can vaguely remember his mother and the baby's mother talking and laughing but all his attention is on the cute baby that's in the crib.

As he reached the crib, he took a peek at it and the cute baby smiled at him making him laugh; she is the cutest baby he has ever seen. He extends his hands and hold her small hands in his, laughing at how tiny her finger and nails are.

"Mami..." he called the attention of his mother who smiled seeing the way he is already fond of the baby girl, "She's so small and cute"

'Mami' smiled, turning slightly to look at Hajiya Aysha, "It seems like Aamir is fond of Khadijah already", she says almost cooing at how cute the sight was.

"Yes indeed, I guess you don't have to worry about him liking his new baby sister anymore" Hajiya Aysha said making Mami place her hands on her protruding stomach, she's already 8 months along.

"I know..." Mami sighed, a happy one for that matter, "But just look at the way he's staring at Baby Khadijah, it's not the same. Wait..."

"Wait what?"

"Aamir is the answer to all of these" Mami held Aysha's hand making her look at her questionably.

"What do you mean, I'm not getting you"

"When Khadijah is of age, get her married to Aamir. I can talk to His Majesty about this, I promise our family will take care of her and keep her safe. Whatever happened can't happen again, we have to make sure of that!" Aysha can't tell if Mami is actually being serious or it's the hormones that are speaking for her.

"I don't know Mami, it doesn't sound right. It'll be like we're forcing these kids into marriage and I don't like the sound of that, at all" she tried to argue but Mami was having none of it.

"Aysha just stop it, you know I care for you now let me take care of your daughter. Maryam won't come back ever but you can't lose Khadijah, we both know that and right now, Khadijah is my daughter too. Aamir is a very understanding young boy, when he grows up I know he'll be like that too. I know my son, please Aysha just agree to this"

Aysha looked at her baby girl that's in the crib, then to the 10 year old Aamir that just couldn't stop laughing whenever the baby smiles at him. He made faces at the baby who find it quite amusing and she has to admit the sight was just masha Allah!

"Ok...but if anything changes before then we're calling this off. We both know His Majesty won't agree to this so talk to him while I talk to Baba Sarki and Abba and we'll figure out a compromise, a treaty maybe?" she eventually gave in,

Mami beamed widely, "Allhamdullilah! I will talk to him right away, you and I will become family forever and I promise I'll take care of your daughter no matter what"