Chapter 25👑

Dedicated to my PIC Xaharau

Khadijah Daihaah's POV

July 12, 2019.

"Hi Saudah" I smiled politely waving slightly at her. Her smile is so contagious that I found myself reciprocating it.

"You're Fateemah Aneesah Fareed's sister right?" she asked making me smile despite the tug I felt in my heart at the mere mention of my sister's name. I agreed to come here to get way from all things that reminds me of them and here she is, bringing it all back.

I cleared my throat as my smile wavers, "Yeah" I croaked out and it came out more as a small squeal.

"You two look alike; you both have the same vibrant smiles Mashaa Allah"

"Jazakallah" I'm starting to like Saudah now, she's so friendly.

"Wa fa anti. Anyways, welcome to El Paraiso, I'm glad Adheel here has finally brought you. He's been talking about you all—"

"Actually! It's not what it looks like" He cut her off quickly making the two of us laugh.

He is right though.

It's not what it looks like. But I do know why she thinks that way. It is just a mere misunderstanding.

She nodded not looking convinced a bit but nevertheless let it go, "Ok then. I'll have Ana bring you something to eat. And don't worry, it's on the house" she flashed us another smile before walking away to some other table.

Adheel and I both sat back down on our seats after exchanging another look to which he just shook his head, a ghost smile lingering on his lips.

"Don't worry much about her. She's my brother's wife"

I chuckled, "That justifies it. You two seem really close" I mean the way they joke around, they really seem close.

"It wasn't always like that. But, it turns out we just what do you girls call it again? Erm...'Click!' even though she gets along more with my elder brother Arshad. Sometimes, Ya Anwar complains that we're trying to steal his wife, kiji mutum da kishi fa, as if we're not his brothers"

I laughed glancing at the menu in my hand, "Kaga lefin sa? Can you blame him at all? Even I would've done the same if I was in his shoes. Haven't you ever heard of cases where the woman leaves her husband to marry his brother, su kanin miji?"

He shook his head peevishly, "Bawanin nan! Kawai dai he's just jealous"

"Ah ah, jimin mutum. She's his wife for crying out loud, how can he not be jealous when she clicks with other men, even if they're his brothers?"

"He.Is.Just.Jealous! End of discussion"

"Oh Allah!" I face palmed myself as I laugh at how he's being.

He placed his arms on the table, intertwining his fingers, his head rested on them as his gaze rested on me; he just stood there staring at me; a smile taking over his features.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked unconsciously reaching my hand to wipe out whatever it is.

"Yes"

My eyes widen as I frantically wipe my face with my palm, "What is it?" I asked hoping that it's not something bad.

He pretends to think for a while, his brows furrowed, "Lemme see. Your eyes, nose, eyebrows..."

I lightly hissed hitting his hand slightly, "You're not serious" I shook my head rolling my eyes at him.

He rubbed the place where I hit him and feigned pain, "Damn woman! You're violent. Can't a guy just joke?"