Chapter 24 👑

It's a short one. Sorry!

July 16 2019.

Abuja, Nigeria.

Khadijah Daihaah's POV

The past seven days had been hell.

Every night I have the same horrifying nightmares, each day more terrifying than the other. It's like my past is back to haunt me but I don't remember having that memory at all.

Most of it is just me seeing Ummi dead. I some instances I was the one that killed her with a gun, in another I just stood in the middle of nowhere and watch her get shot by a silhouette, or I just watch her die slowly without being able to help or save her.

But all these scenarios have one thing in common

It's my entire fault she died in each and every one of it.

I wake up amidst of the night covered in sweat and body trembling violently. My breathing became difficult and I could barely calm my erratic heart. The familiar pain of having panic attacks was becoming unbearable and most times I keep screaming without knowing it.

Adda Anee came to know about it the first time it happened, apparently, I was screaming too loudly in agony. That night, she spent the night with me and somehow the nightmares left. The next day it happened again, and she was as hell worried. I on the other hand was too scared, mostly to fall asleep because of the nightmares.

Adda's solution to this was simply; contacting the one and only Dr. Hannah Yaqoub.

When I found out about this, I sure as hell threw a fit because the last thing I need is pity; especially not from Hannah. It's like for as long as I can remember people kept having sympathy on me when all I needed was empathy. I needed them to understand that I need to get pass through this alone, by myself for once but they won't let me.

My solution to all this was another thing; leaving the house whenever Hannah comes and I don't return until late at night. I couldn't care less about what they keep on saying, that I should let Hannah help me blah blah blah. I can't believe Ya Faruk is in on this too and of course it's no surprise that Prince agrees with the great idea.

Whenever I leave the house, I don't really have a place to go to without them knowing so I go to this place I found whilst going around. I never leave with any of their cars because then the driver will know where I went.

Each time I come back, I'm glad they're all asleep except one person, Ya Aamir. Things are so awkward between us, or at least to me it feels that way. He acts as if everything is normal and that he actually cares about me. Except that every time he tries to talk to me I simply ignore him.

It's not his fault, I know that. I just needed someone to vent my anger on. I'm angry with myself and everyone around me. Things are just so messed up and I could barely think clearly.

Most of the times before I leave the house I just drown myself with work or books that will keep me busy. Not the best choice but it was what I needed right now.

A soft knock resounded on the door of my room bringing me out of my thoughts. I raised my head up from my laptop just in time to hear a voice, "Daihaah, can I come in?" Adda Anee's voice to be exact.

"Yea", I forced a smile on my face pushing away the messy strands of hair that fell on my face.

The door opened slowly as she came into view. She walked in with a pitiful smile; something I don't need right now but I know she was just being nice. "How are you?" she asked as if carefully picking out the right words to say.