Chapter 9👑

19 April

Abuja, Nigeria.

The plane landed at exactly 2:00pm.

Three sleek black Mercedes Benz lined up waiting for her to walk out after it landed. The first and third car has four muscular guards dressed in black suit each including the drivers while the second car, the one in the middle, is for Layla to ride in. Basically the two other cars are for her escorts.

She could never understand her father's need for this much security.

She walked out in her glory adorned in white polka dot turtleneck wrap top, black sailor pants and black six inches ankle boot. A crisp blazer covered the outfit, and her new designer Bottega Veneta black clutch held in her hand. Her now fully jet black hair tied in a low bun letting a few strands fall on her shoulders. A nude veil wrapped loosely around her head to cover her hair this time around but the ends of her hair still sticks out.

As always, her Stuart Weitzman black suede boots clanks as it made contact with the floor. Her nails painted in pewter color while her makeup remained nude as she wants to look as natural as she could. A small smile etched on her face as she drags her suitcase with her other hand enjoying the feeling of being back to her motherland. Her head held up high as she made her way flamboyantly through the crowd and to where the cars are parked.

"Welcome back Miss Waziri" One of the guards said opening the door to the second Mercedes for her to which she nodded.

"Thank you" She smiled a bit. She entered the back seat while the guard closed the door as he ran to the passenger seat.

The guards went to their designated cars not uttering a word, but did as ordered. The cars started driving out of the airport and onto the road in the direction of the Senator's manse. All through the drive, Layla didn't utter a word to them as she kept surfing through her social media accounts seeing all kind of reviews and feedback on the new summer outfit she designed which the company she works for released.

The outfit is now trending in China, Spain, Netherlands and France and will be showcased in Canada, Switzerland and Morocco next as it is an exclusive outfit. Layla being the designer means she gets to travel to all the countries that it will be showcased.

Layla Waziri is the type lady that girls nowadays envy. Not only is she the only daughter of Senator Jabeer Waziri, she's also a top international designer. That alone is enough to make her popular in social media. Her aura of dominance and superiority is not something to mess with either because she carries herself with poise and aplomb.

Her glowing and unblemished skin is a sight to envy. Her doe eyes giving her wn innocent look. Even though it's true but still, it's not entirely true. Her ruddy color lips always having a killer lipstick is enough to make a heart skip a beat whenever it's stretched into a smile or a smirk, depending on the situation. Even an expert when it comes to discovering her cultural background will be lost along the lines of Fulani, Kanuri and Shuwa Arab. All together with the natural beauty and modern skin care remedy is just making her an epitome of perfection.

Every day for her is like having a crowd of paparazzi watching you because you never know who's keeping an eye on you. So, that's where the whole preeminent demeanor comes in.

Five minutes later, the cars pulled in front of Senator Jabeer Waziri's mansion. Layla looked through the tinted window and saw the mansion looking as dazzling as always. A smile made its way on her face as she recognizes the place she's known forever as a home. The guard from earlier quickly rushed to her side and opened the door for her. She stepped out with her clutch and phone in hand as she made her way into the house while the guard trail with her suitcase.