Chapter 10👑

Unedited!

April 20, 2016

Karaye, Kano.

Khadijah Daihaah's POV

I wore my russet with pearl white flowery pattern mermaid gown before proceeding to finesse my head tie. I paired it up with a pearl white veil which I flung on my shoulder and then wore my silver bangles with matching earrings to finish off the look. The gown hugs all my curves and fit in the right places, the veil isn't big too and for that I know I'll get an earful and probably a 5 hours lesson on how to dress properly from Hajiya Kaka. But even with that, I look so good and for that, I'm willing to survive through those hours of lesson on how to dress properly. My lips covered with matte cerise lipstick which looked so beautiful when I smiled.

Today is Baba Sarki's 30th anniversary!

Contented with my outfit and makeup, I walked out through the hallways of Hajiya Kaka's chambers heading to the outside to the backyard where everyone is having breakfast, together with the El khabirs.

I still can't believe that Adda Anee is getting married to an El Khabir! I can't wait to tell Jannah about this I know she'll faint right at that moment. And then, when she regains consciousness, she'll probably pass out again, but this time dramatically with a few dramatic effects here and there. That girl is too dramatic for her own good wallah...

I continued making my way backyard with a smile on my face as I woke up in a good mood. I spotted the mahogany door that is encrusted with intricate design which leads to the backyard. Instantly my smile widens as I heard a few chattering outside.

"Ke kuma miye kike dariya kamar wadda ta zare? (Why are you smiling like someone who's gone insane?)" I heard a very annoying voice that made the smile from my face drop. I felt like pulling out my hair out of frustration but instead I faked a strained smile.

"Good morning Inna Nana" I said turning around to face the woman who hates me for no reason. Maybe it's because she has nothing better to do. I mean it's not surprising.

She glared at me "I don't want your greeting. What will I even do with it? Gaisuwan ma da bai kai zuciya ba(even the greeting that do not reach the heart)!" she exclaimed before her eyes drift from my face to my outfit. She lets out a disapproving sigh whilst fixing her wrapper.

"What type of dressing is this?" she asked using her left hand to gesture to my attire.

'The kind your eye sees for you' I so badly wanted to reply with that but I held it back in knowing that Ummi has taught me better than that.

"Um don't answer! I know you have no manners, you'll probably insult me secretly in the answer you'll reply me with" She held her hand up to stop me.

I kept shut and watched this woman in wonders

Ikon Allah!

"Thank God the other brat is getting married sefff. I don't even see what's in her to attract someone from a family such as that with high standard. Keh kan ai hala sai mai keke nape zai ce zai aure ki kawai(Perhaps you it's only a keke nape driver whom will want to marry you) , I mean look at yourself! Dressing in any manner, wearing all manner of clothing. Who will marry a prostitute?!" She yelled making me flinch back. No matter how many times I tell myself not to put much thoughts into what they say, it still makes me angry.

I had to bit my lower lip to stop me from spilling out whatever is in my mind, "Are you done?" I asked making my face clear of any emotion.

Inna Nana dramatically placed one hand on her chest with the other on her head; she huffed and shook her head "Chabbbb! Oh Allah! From the beginning I knew you have no manners and now you just proved it" she said placing the hand that was on her head under her jaw detesting my earlier behavior.