36

Jen

"Why did you stop?" I blurt out when Rick stops the car, this was my first words after our little argument. His forehead wrinkle, that thin hairline between his eyebrows again. With a frustrated shake of his head, he got down from the car. Dammit, why everything is difficult around Rick.. I exhale an annoying breath.

Startling me, my door opens up, and frowning Rick stands above me holding the open car door. I stare him blankly, stubbornness in me doesn't allow me to step down before I get my answer.

"Why do you have to fight for each damn thing?" he squinted his eyes shooting me an angry glare.

"I am just asking, you have to answer me, politely" the last word I said with a pointed look, for a second we simply stare at each other until he scoffs.

"Well, a while ago you wanted water. Now you don't want to get down for it" he raised one of his brow, but the imperious gesture did not intimate me. To astound him, I flash him a grin, not a polite one for sure.

"Thank you, I would have appreciated more if you could have told me this nicely. Little niceness won't harm you" shut up Jen, you don't need to argue with him, this will take only an ugly turn. Hey, but I don't want to be that timid girl again...

"Niceness, that's Daniel's style which you adore in him most" Rick looks into my eyes with wrath blazing in his irises. I don't know how to respond to this, so being a wise person I decided to subside on his demand. I got down from the car, avoiding anybody touch with Rick, I passed through him, leading the way.

"I think we should eat here, this looks decent" Scanning the place I suggested Rick, anyway it's almost past 7 pm.

"So, now you are thinking" his croaky sarcastic arrogant reply really agitates me, but there's no meaning in wasting my energy on him. Saving my response, I start stretching my arms to relax my muscles, I hate long car traveling, my whole body aches in pain.

"Done, now can we go in?" Again, his angry voice startles me, why is he so angry? I look over him, but lighting his cigarette, he strode ahead of me without an ounce of regret.

I look around for a washroom, I need to get fresh then only I could stomach anything. Rick understood my dilemma, that's the only amazing thing between us, we understand each other's unsaid words...sometimes. He asked one of the attendees about the washroom, he showed us the direction with his hand. Before I could walk towards the washroom, we saw a girl coming out adjusting her skirt which only covered her private part. Then a guy came out of the same direction, he smacks on her lower back, winking at her. They both shared a naughty smile then walked to a different direction, I felt my face heat up with awkwardness as I thought what they are and what they did in the washroom.

I don't know what to do, but I really want to get fresh, so no choice left. Before I move ahead, Rick took my hand in his, pulling me towards the reception.

"We need a room, could you help us" The man on the reception was nice enough to suggest to us the next corner motel.

This time I didn't object, actually I feel thankful to him for being thoughtful. No offense, but I didn't want to wash my hand where somebody just release their cum..

The room is small but nice, you cannot expect a luxurious room in the mid of the highway and it is just to freshen up. Without wasting my time, I saw my needs. When I came out of the room, I saw Rick sitting in the middle of the bed, smoking his cigarette. Something is switched off about him, he is bottling up his feelings.

I freeze at my place, watching him. The next instant, his eyes landed on me, I took a deep breath, willing myself to sink as he caught me staring him. His blue eyes bored into mine, his eyes hold a number of emotions which I couldn't understand. In silence, he stood and without saying a word went to the bathroom. I exhale the nervous breath, I don't know how to be with him. God, this is just a start, I am losing my sense already.