28

Surprise!!!🙋‍♀🙋‍♀

Time for double updates..yey!! 💃💃

Jen

Crying in his bed for hours drained me out, clutching to his bed I weep.

I feel someone's tender touch on my cheek and warm breath over my face.  I heard my name called "Jen" I must have fallen to sleep because hearing my name, I snap my eyes open and met with my favourite blues. His knuckles brush along my cheek, wiping away single fallen tear. Little by little, they trace under my chin and lightly tilt my head towards him. He smiles softly and I return the smiles enjoying his warmth. This could be a beautiful dream, his smile is genuine and only for me. The moment broke when we heard someone talking.

"I am glad you made it Mr. Adam" we both turn over head to the nurse who seems happy, is that mean I am not dreaming. Holly Christ, I am so elated to see conscious Rick, he came back to me. Once again I look at Rick to examine him, my cheeks burn red when I found myself half slept on his bed. Quickly I straighten myself, I heard Rick grunt in disappointment.

Nurse examined him, her eyes scan Rick but in adoring way. The nurse is pretty thing, she brush her fingers through Rick's hair and said.

"You strong man, welcome back to this world again" Rick smiles a little to her, little annoyed with her touch, then again his eyes fixed on me. She is talking to Rick but we both too lost in each others to care about her blabbering. Giving disapproving look, Nurse went to the doctor with her reports.

"Jen" he utter my name again with lots of efforts, he is in pain. I shook my head to him to stop. He stares at me for a moment, his eyes are heavy.

"You need rest Rick" for once,  he listened and close his eyes, I don't want to leave him but he needs rest. Thinking that, I try to rise from my seat when Rick's hand holds mine and I have no heart to leave him when he wants me near him right now. He sleeps peacefully and my eyes are not ready to move from him.

"Good morning" Jenny greets me with smiles, she doesn't show even if she noticed our intertwined hands.

"Good morning"

"I told you, isn't it? This damn stupid man will make it" I smile on her witty comment.

"This is the first time" confused with her words I knit my brows.

"You genuinely smile" and then I understood what she meant, I felt uncomfortable with her knowing eyes.

"Gosh, you don't need to overthink girl, now have your coffee" Jenny offer a hot coffee to me, I stretch my right hand to take it.

"You need to remove yourself from him, I mean if you spill coffee on him then .." she laughs and I blush, what's wrong with me. I slowly remove my hand from his.

"Thank you"

"I really hope you both will resolve your problem soon, I saw him yearning for you" I wish that too, without commenting on her remarks, I politely dismiss the topic.

"Where is Daniel?"

"Ryan and Daniel consulting the doctor, you need a rest. Why don't you go and freshen up, till that time I will take care of Rick." I wanted to decline her offer but she is right, I should go and come fast before Rick wakes up.

By the time I returned, Rick was shifted from ICU to normal room, Daniel, Ryan and Jenny are keeping him the company. Rick is silently or you can say with more patiently listening to them, no softness evident on his face.

"You are the dumbest one Rick, you needed to call someone before jumping onto the trouble. This all could have been saved, you..."

"One more insult and I will cut your tongue" Rick warns Jenny in his devious rude tone, surprisingly Jenny heeds.