2

Rick

I have checked once more at reception, the same reply, there was no call from Ms. Davis. I banged the phone angrily, it has been a week and she didn't turn up yet. Not even called, hope she is fine. As per our scheduled appointment she should have been here but there is no sign of her. During this month, she has impressed me with her professionalism, her creative mind and optimistic approach on her work, I never knew this side of her, I always thought she hates corporate life and have only imagine living her like princess. Yeah, her first sign of changes.

In past month, if I have done anything that would be observing her every little movement, I can happily spend my whole life watching her beautiful face. I was in my Jen's world when Ryan barged in my cabin, I groaned unhappily. Ryan Richards, the multi-billionaire who owns half of this country, the arrogant egoistic bastard just like me, comes in the list of few on whom I trust blindly but for now his presence flustered me.

"Hey bro, someone looks in a rocking mood" he couldn't hide his sly smile observing the broken phone.

"What do you want Ryan?" I asked exasperatingly, not interested to take part in his childish play.

"Aye man, why not put your face muscles to work little? Just pull the cheek muscles to the corner of your lips and..."I'm already suffering a throbbing pain in my temple thinking about Jen, and Ryan's stupid babbling doing worse on me.

"Cut the craps Ryan, don't have any work, if not then shag one of your assistant better than screwing my brain." I snapped on him, his facial expression hardened.

"Nobody dare to use this tone with me, you are my bro therefore I ignore your arrogance but it doesn't mean I can always tolerate this" he calmly said fixing serious gaze on me. I know he carry lots of clout over people, he won't hesitate to show his most influential part. However, he never shows his attitude to me, he treats me with more respect just because he thinks I helped him at his lowest phase of life but he didn't know unknowingly he gave me my life back, and I owe him my life for this. If he would have not stopped me from leaving this country, I could have never known about my Jen.

"Are you threatening me Ryan?" I asked, though I knew it was an empty threat, he smiled.

"Got scare?" he asked in return.

"Yep, completely shivering ... happy?" I smirked.

"See, I have that impression over people" I cocked my brow to him in disbelief, he burst into fit of laughter.

"Well, I came here to have a serious discussion on Ms. Davis" Now he got my all attention.

"What about her?" On mention of her name those words instantly slipped out from my mouth, I will punch him if he starts his poor jokes on my Jen.

"Dyna recommended me a good event organizer, they are best and very experienced in their industry, you were right Karen is not the best choice for our project." He is thinking to replace Jen, damn if he thinks he can.

"I never said they are not" I defended.

"I can see you are not happy with Ms. Davis work, it's been a month yet no progress" I cut him in between.

"Exactly Ryan, it's been a month, I wasted the fucking whole month, when result is about to come you want the new team, I don't understand your working style Mr. Richards" I sarcastically asked Ryan, how could he thinks Jen is not a good choice, she is brilliant at her work.

"Oh, you look impressed with Ms. Davis..I mean ..with her work, I thought otherwise..." he skeptically glared at me with tight smile.

"You are wrong again, I am not interested in her nor impressed with her work. This is about my invested time, if she has worked on my last suggestion then our event would be the most significant event of the year and trust me after this we don't have to spend much on advertising." I meant this, if this goes according to our projection this would be a bigger event and actually I want this to happen, for Jen.