11

Guys, I have uploaded new chapter of His Trophy, in which you will find the new twist in JenRick story..you can check if you want 😉😉😉

Jen

"What about Rick" I asked calmly, tried to be as patient as I could, though there was havoc inside me.

"Jen, there is nothing to worry about" he avoided my question, he walked ahead.

"Fine by me, if you don't want to share" I replied him sarcastically, why he is not telling me? he turned his head to me, an hurtful expression appeared on his face.

"You know I can never hide thing from you" he inhaled raggedly and said "Rick met with an accident" My heart sink within me, deeper than ever, my world spinning around me, I put hand on my chest to sooth the ach.

"You still care for him" it was not a question, it was a statement made by him, his accusing eyes fixed on me, I drifted my gaze from him, no I don't care for him, he doesn't exist in my world, I sighed in pain.

"No, I don't, you should go and check on him" I told him dryly, he stared me in disbelief.

"Come with me" he asked surprising me, I shook my head but his determined eyes stuck on me.

"C'mon I insist, anyway you can help me with this address, you know it will take time to reach me there as I am new to this city" I was not sure what to do, I wanted to refuse him but my heart is desperate to accept his offer, just wanted to see if he is ok?

"Ok" my heart won over my logic, we both climbed on his car, he drove the car in the awkward silence.

Once we reached the destination, he climbed out of the car, I was still sitting in the car numbly, don't know what to do? Its war between my heart and head, I gulped my nervousness and decided to stay here. Daniel pulled the door for me, his brows narrowed at me.

"What are you waiting for, let's go" he commanded me.

"You go, I stay here" I muttered in low voice, he angrily glared me.

"Jen, let's go" he asked me in his frustrated tone, I gave him weak nod and got out of the car hesitantly, I mentally prayed for Rick's wellbeing, I cocked my head to Daniel.

"Why we are not in the hospital, you said Rick met with an accident." I questioned him curiously.

"Ryan has called the doctor to his home, now let's go" oh, so this mansion belongs to Mr. Richards, I don't want to complicate the things entering his house, he would definitely ask about our history.. I decided to stay out.

"Daniel, please you go, I will take cab to home." He raised his brow in bewilderment.

"You don't want to see him?" he asked squinting his eyes, do I? A knife twisted in my heart, its better I would stay away from Rick.

"No, I don't want to." I replied instantly.

"You came all the way here just to go from out, I suggest you should meet him Jen" he insisted.

"You asked my help and I obliged to be your guide, now let me go Daniel" I smiled little just to assure him that I am fine and it worked as Daniel smiled too.

"Fine, take my car" I was about to refuse him but he raised his finger,

"Don't you dare to refuse, your safety is important to me." I took the keys from him because I knew he won't listen, he gave me his relieved smile and headed to the mansion. I watched him enter the house and disappear inside. Standing outside in the night air still, I looked up in the sky embracing myself, there are so many lights in the sky, I wish I could get one to illuminate my heart. I shook my head to clear those hurting thoughts, I kept trying to leave but my feet wouldn't move the way I needed them to. The numbness came over me again thinking about Rick, why this heart get confuse when it comes to Rick. I swore to myself that I am not going to be weak again, Rick has always have his hidden agenda and I don't know, what he wants this time when I have nothing to lose. I should not feel bad for him nor should thinking about his wellbeing, he is grown up man and can take care of himself. I turned and struggled for opening the door, suddenly I started shivering, even in this crowded city I heard the familiar groaned, I couldn't dare to look back as I know it came from whom. I froze at my place, a chill run across my body.