52

Author's POV

Rick stood there watching Jen closely, his blue eyes fierce with something, He could not stand her crying, he felt like a pair of hands smothering his heart. He wanted to run towards her, wipe her tears and wrap his arms around her but whatever he saw made him at loss for words, so he could only keep quiet. At the same time, he knows Jen needs this. It pains him immensely to see her break down and hear her sobbing, it hurt him too much. But then he decided it is probably for the best, she needs to vent the pain, she had been keeping it all bottled up for too long. Rick folded his arms, conflicting emotions gathering in his mind. Tears welled in his eyes, streaking down his face, he struggled to hold them in but like Jen, something broke inside him too. Who would have thought Rick Adam can cry too?

On the contrary, Jen was lost in her tormented pain. Holding her stomach, she yelled and cursed the day when she had ill thoughts for her unborn. Rick had reminded her why she doesn't deserve happiness. She is a killer, yes she killed the most beautiful blessing of her life. Closing her eyes, she thought about the day when the doctor announced her pregnancy, and without even feeling the news, the first thing that came out of her mouth was about abortion.

"You must think before going for further formalities, or the best you could discuss it with the father" the Doctor advised with a serious note.

"Discussion not needed, let's start the formalities" Jen answered uninterestingly, the doctor saw many clients who reacted to the news in many different ways but Jen's reaction was beyond her understanding, strangely Jen's reaction was as good as no reaction. Her face was straight, with no emotions just plainly she told her to abort the life inside her. The doctor didn't insist further as its completely Jen's decision.

"Fine, please fill out the form and take an appointment with the reception" Jen completed the formalities, and she went to her house, a very lonely house. Taking out frozen food, she heated the meal while she changed into her pajamas. She refrains to think about the morning incident, she decided to forget once she is done with that thing. Yet, her mind subconsciously warned her, there was still a little human left in the shell of her body. She ate her food in silence, she didn't even bother with the darkness of the room. After dinner, she took three sleeping pills together to make her head stop with any rational thoughts and she just dozed off.

In the morning, Jen didn't appear too confident about her decision. Her hands shiver while she touched her stomach looking into the mirror. She thought the naïve and silly Jen would have cherished this day. She always had the perfect picture of the happy family in her heart, Rick holding a girl and a tiny little boy in her arms, they both posing for a camera while looking at each other with love. Jen has no tears to cry, she just stares at the image of the mirror, the woman in the mirror was vulnerable, not strong enough, she was not even able to carry her weightage of past than how she would nurture a new life. In Jen's head, she thinks that she was born with the curse, she could never have the fortune to have her loved ones in her life, and her fate always brings sorrow into the lives whom she dearly loves.

Shaking her head, she put on her jacket and take her files to the doctor's appointment. Her every step was hesitant, holding her papers she waited for her call in the corridor. It was a mistake to wait with full pregnant women. They all look very happy and radiant. A few women were sitting with their partners and they seem very happy. The air around the room was suffocating, and Jen decided to wait outside until her turn.

Jen was standing near the stairs when she heard a girl cry. She turns on her heels following the sound, she saw a little girl crying and a man bending over his knees trying to console her.

"I don't want him" She yelled in her baby voice.
"Why not, he is going to be your little brother" The little girl frowned.

"I don't want brother" The guy, who must be her dad was confused with the reaction, still he tried to understand the reason.