15

Warning

This chapter might contains major grammatical mistakes, spelling error. please forgive me for it as I publish this chapter without re-checking it.

Jen

I didn't remember going to sleep or having any nightmare as the sunshine came streaming in the window, I rub my eyes and pull myself out of the couch to get ready for the day. I inhale a deep breath and stare my reflection in the mirror, dark circles under her dull eyes, pale skin and tired face, she is mess outside just like she is inside. Then I look at the other girl who is sleeping peacefully on the bed, even in her sleep she looks radiant and beautiful, she seems a decade younger than me and I feel so old than my age. Stop comparing yourself Jen with her just because Rick has found new interest in her. You should not give a damn about his growing fondness towards Jenny. It's good as long as it keeps him away from you! I shake my head to divert my mind from Rick and got ready for my project.

I thought not to wake up Jenny, she needs to rest or else she will get sick. I instructed room service to give her Advil with fresh juice once she gets up. I stomp down the stone steps, but slow down pretty quick when I saw Rick. He is standing looking out of window while talking on phone, with his back to me. I almost forgot to breathe when he turns over and his eyes landed on me. He looks perfect in his casual attire, and when his dimple slightly appears as his face spread into smile, his dazzling smile certainly could draw any girl to him but it has opposite effect on me...it made me angry.

He disconnect the call walking near me, he doesn't even blink his eyes off from me.

"Good morning, you are looking.... amazing" Is he mocking on me? I already saw myself in the mirror and I looked pathetic and old, he intensely saying it to humiliate me. I turn down my gaze on my wrist watch and look at him with the straight face.

"We are getting late" His blank stares suggest that he is not amused with my answer but he briskly nod.

"Where is Jenny?" oh, his question cause constrict in my chest.

"She is resting" I briefly answered.

"Is she fine, should I call a doctor to check on her" The concern in his voice quite visible, I don't know why I feel as a hand clenched tightly around my heart whenever I see affection in his eyes for Jenny, is he falling for her. How could he not, she is such a charmer.

"Ms. Watson is fine, she just needs to rest." I replied tartly.

"Shall I leave, I don't like to be late at work" I know he wanted to ask further about Jenny but I can't stand here to witness his love for her.

"No need to be grumpy, I am just trying to be a good subordinate" he said with the grin, enjoying his private jest. For some reason, he is in a buoyant mood today, he looks more handsome in this way. His white shirt fits perfectly on his blue jeans. He always wear a shirt as white as snow, top buttons undone. He looks more comfortable in this than suits, he used to hate wearing suits and tie. Why the hell I'm thinking all this.

"Jen" he calls softly taking my hand in his, his blue eyes trap mine and hold me there.

"It ain't late, we can still make it.." The seriousness in his voice making my heart hammer in my chest, I couldn't move or drift my gaze from him. He gently spins my hand and tap on my watch "On time" I don't know what he is referring to but his words tighten my chest. He squeezes my hand and let it go with sad smile. One last time looking deep into my eyes, he starts walking away leaving me dumbfounded at my place. I wish you could have done something when we still have a time to fix the things but you know what Rick...it's too late.