[79] Talk

CHAPTER 79- Talk

Izzy's POV

I opened the door and peaked in, my heart aching at the sight of my mom curled up into a ball with tear tracks on her face.

"Hi." I murmured, and slowly walked towards the bed as if she were a small animal that I was cautious not to frighten away.

"Hey baby." She murmured, and wiped at her face, "What's up"

I sighed and sat on the bed, "That's something I should be asking you."

Her face crumpled for second before she put her mask back on, "Your dad and I had a little fight, it's nothing really."

I shook my head and noticed the way she gripped the sleeves of her sweatshirt tightly in her hands over her wrists. "Mom?" She looked up at me and I nodded towards her hands, "Did you do anything?"

She shook her head, but I noticed the way her body tensed and knew it was at least partly a lie. Too scared to know the real answer, I let it slide.

"You know you can talk to me right?"

My mom chuckled, "Izzy I appreciate it but you're my daughter, I don't think I should confide and vent to you about my relationship issues."

I sighed and climbed over the mattress to lie down and cuddle into her chest, "Well I can at least keep you company for awhile."

She sighed and stroked my hair, "I'm sorry for all of this."

I looked up at her, "What are you talking about"

"This isn't the life I imagined for you Iz," She said, staring at the ceiling. "I never planned for your dad and I to have so many issues. I never wanted you to feel unloved or abandoned. I never wanted you to have to go through the struggles I did... I wanted you to have a perfect life, one that you never were said, were never crying unless it was from happiness. When I was pregnant with you that's all I wanted. I daydreamed about it, me being the perfect mom while your dad was a wonderful father and husband. I was too naive to realize that would never happen. I guess I'm most disappointed in myself because I was the reason for everything that fucked up our family. I never took motherhood as seriously as I should, I never took being a wife more important than my career. I was awestruck by my career and how much 'i had achieved and was brainwashed into a vision of how far I could go. It took me a while to come down from the clouds and into reality. You dad wouldn't of cheated on my if it weren't for me pushing and pushing him into another woman's arms. We would've been closer if I had just forgiven him for it. If I had taken being a mom and made it priority over being a singer we wouldn't be in this situation. If I had given you the time and attention you deserved I would've noticed the signs of the bullying and the self harm. I'm just so sorry. I never planned for you to live this life."

She was crying by the time she finished her speech, and I could feel a lump forming in my throat as I hugged her tightly. "Don't do that to yourself mom. Don't blame yourself for dad's mistakes, and mine. I know you think it's your fault, but it isn't, why i felt so low, it was because of those kids at school. Sure my life here didn't help, but you can't take full responsibility."

She sighed and smiled, "Thanks baby, but I don't think i'll ever get over the guilt I feel. It's just who I am."

I fell silent, not knowing how to say the words to make her see my point of view. We laid there for a few minutes until my mom sighed and sat up, rubbing her face tiredly.

"I should go talk to your dad." She said, and smiled down at me then kissed my forehead, "Thanks for takin' my mind off of things kiddo."

I smiled and shrugged, "Hey I can be nice sometimes."

~*~

Demi's POV

I walked downstairs after my talk with Izzy feeling significantly better than before. Venting to her had really cleared my head, but the thought of talking to Wilmer after what he had said to me still made me want to cry. Biting my inside lip I walked into the kitchen where Wilmer was sitting at the counter, a glass of scotch in his hand that he swirled the contents of as he stared at it.

"Hi."

He turned around, his eyes widening in obvious surprise that I was speaking to him.

"H-Hi"

I walked past him to the coffee maker and made two cups of tea, then handed him one and sat down across from him.

Wilmer warily took a sip, "It's not poisoned right" My eyes flashed and he raised his hands in surrender, "I'm sorry, just trying to ease the tension."

I took a deep breath, "I said no to them."

He nodded, "I know."

"And it really hurt me that you would think i'd say yes even if ti were just for a second. But I guess it's for the best, as I now know the real way you feel."

He looked down, "Demi that's not the way I feel. I don't know what came over me. You did it with Izzy and I was so mad at them for even asking if you'd do it that I just took it out on you and said a lot of things that I didn't mean."

I kept my eyes low, "Even if it was just venting, do you realize how gut-clenching and horrible it is to hear the one person who was supposed to support and lift you up through the hard times suddenly rip everything out from under your feet and take back everything they said?"

Wilmer bowed his head, "i know, I don't know what I was thinking. I do know that you've changed and I think you've done an amazing job getting closer with Izzy and you've become an amazing mom. I'm sorry baby I shouldn't of doubted you for anything." He got up and walked round the counter, taking my face in his big hands, "I'm sorry." He murmured, leaning his forehead against mine, "I know you wouldn't do the tour months let alone a year after the babies are born. I'm sorry."

I nodded and leaned up, pressing my lips to his eagerly as his arms wrapped around me. We kissed for a few minutes, then I pressed my face into the crook of his neck and sighed, "I love you so much."

He kissed my hair, "I love you too Hermosa, now let's go to bed, you must be exhausted."

He took my hand and I allowed him to lead me upstairs and to the bedroom where I climbed under the covers and watched him undress into the nothing but his boxers, then join me.

"This whole 'no sex' thing is going to get really hard." I whined, and trailed my hand down his stomach.

Wilmer chuckled, "Don't worry after the twins are born and we get the okay from the doctor's I'll be making up for a lot of lost time."

I giggled and snuggled into him, sighing as his arms tightened around me.

"We're gonna be good parent's right?"

Wilmer looked down at me, "Absolutely. We may fuck up every now and then, but we'll do just fine."

I smiled, "I can't wait to see you holding our babies. You always looked so cute when Izzy was a baby."

He chuckled, "I can't wait to see you hold them for the first time, it's something I wish I could see over and over again, your entire face lights up and your smile looks like it'll crack your cheeks."

I blushed and hid my face in his shoulder, "I can't wait to meet them." I murmured, rubbing my stomach gently and feeling them kick my hand lightly.

"Me either. It's going to be a lot of work though, chasing twins around here."

I nodded and pecked his lips, "Good thing we're such a great team."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote

Twitter: @Lovatic_chica

-Rachel