[25] Figure it out.

CHAPTER 25- Figure it Out

Demi's POV 

          I opened my eyes and immediately groaned at the pain in my neck and upper back. I'd fallen asleep on the couch last night sitting up and it hurt like a fucking bitch. 

"Are you okay?" I reopened my eyes and glared at Wilmer who was standing in the doorway with a solemn expression. 

"Not from you thanks." I hissed, rubbing my neck grudgingly. 

Despite my anger, he walked over and sat beside me anyway, placing his hands on my back. I tried to keep up the pissed off mood but the way his hands kneaded through the knots in my back turned me into putty in his arms. I scooted back in his arms and moaned appreciatively when he unkinked more muscles. 

"Don't think that I'm not still mad at you." I murmured, leaning back into him. Wilmer hummed and pressed his lips softly against the back of my neck, trailing more down my shoulder. Letting go of it all, I turned around and crashed my lips on his, running my fingers through his hair. Wilmer laid back, and let me straddle his waist, his hands moving from my back to my ass and up again. Gently, I pulled away and laid my head on his chest, just feeling his breathing and listening to his heartbeat. It was something we used to do when I first got out of treatment. It felt so foreign to finally hold each other without fear of a nurse bursting so we always just held each other. Of course, we hadn't done this in a while, but right now it felt right. 

"Demi?" Wilmer breathed. 

"Mmm?" 

He sighed, "I'm sorry." With a frown, I moved up so my chin rested on his chest and looked into his eyes. "I'm sorry for everything. I shouldn't have left last night. It's just... I can't even justify it. It's just the way I cope." 

I sighed and touched his cheek with my fingertips, "That's why I wish you would just talk to me baby. You can't shut me out and go get drunk whenever something goes bad." 

Wilmer nodded, "I'm just so disappointed in myself. You guys needed me tonight and I wasn't there. I hate myself for it, what if something had happened?" 

"Shhh." I whispered, leaning my forehead against his, "Nothing did happen. We were fine. Izzy is going to be okay." 

~*Izzy's POV*~

         I walked downstairs and saw my parents laying on the couch. Like... together. 

"Hi." I said nervously, and they sat up, but still held hands. 

"Hey baby, how'd you sleep?" 

Oh you mean besides the psychopathic rapist haunting my every thought? 

"Good." 

My mom smiled, "Well we do have to figure out a few things... I assume you don't want to go back to that school?" 

I cocked an eyebrow, "Well I don't really have a choice do I?" 

She shrugged, "Well homeschooling is an option, we just have to go to your school to talk to the principal." 

I nodded, and forced a smile, "Can we do that today? I kind of want to get it over with." 

~*~

          I sat in the chair in the school office while my mom went to talk to the principal. Suddenly, I heard music coming from the hallway next to me. 

I wanna go back

forget that it's over

Paint in black when you left me alone. 

I never knew she was sleepin' next door. 

And I can't go back to her anymore. 

Curiously, I stood up and followed the voice into the music department of the school. 

She tell me you were happier with him

But you want me to stay. 

You say that you needed time

But you push me away. 

    The boy singing came into view, strumming his guitar and singing with his eyes closed. As I stepped forward to get a better look he stopped and smiled. 

"I know you're there." I jumped a foot into the air and he started laughing, "It's okay,I don't mind people hearing me." 

Shyly, I stepped out into the room and his expression softened, "What's your name?" 

"Izzy."

He smiled, "I'm Jake. I'm pretty new here, my mom is signing me up." 

My smile dropped, with his looks, he'd surely fit right in with the popular crowd. 

"Did I say something wrong?" I shook my head automatically. 

"No, i'm leaving the school for homeschooling." 

He nodded, "Did you hear about the kids who got arrested a few days ago? It's all over the school, I heard that he-" 

"Yeah I heard... I also heard she's dropping out." 

Instantly, Jake's expression changed. 

"Oh fuck... Fuck I'm so sorry I didn't know." 

I let out a bitter laugh and looked at the ground, "Don't worry about it." 

"Izzy?! Are you over here?" I looked up, panicking at the thought of my mom walking in here to see me alone with a boy. 

"I gotta go." I tripped over my words as I turned around quickly to run out. 

"Wait! Can I get your number?" 

That made me stop dead in my tracks. 

"Why?" 

He laughed, "Because as much as you've observed guys being total assholes, I'm not. And I wanna be friends." 

By now I could hear my mom's heels clicking on the ground. 

"Fine. Here." I held out my phone and he typed in his number. 

"You better call me. I'm trusting you." Jake reprimanded, drawing a giggle from me. 

"I will I will, no hurry up!" 

He finished, handed my phone back to me and with a flash of his perfect smile, walked out. 

I'm fucked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter and let me know what you think! @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel