[7] Jeep

CHAPTER 7- Jeep. 

Izzy's POV 

The next morning I woke up without my mom. I walked downstairs and saw her sitting at the office desk, glasses on with her hair in a thick  bun. She glanced up at me and glued her eyes back to the computer.

"Hey baby, gonna need to take a raincheck on that shopping trip, huge problems with the line I have a plane in a few hours." 

My heart sank and I tried to swallow the lump in my throat, "Y-Yeah.. no problem. 

She didn't look up. "Breakfast is on the counter, Aliah made Waffles."

I hung my head and walked into the kitchen where Aliah- our housekeeper/maid/cook was. She smiled at me as I looked up, the whiteness contrasting with her darkened skin. She smiled at me and spoke in her thick accent. 

"Hello Isabella!"

I smiled back weakly, "Hey." 

Aliah put her hands on her hips and regarded me thoughtfully, "You look sad.. You should eat!" 

I sighed, "Not hungry." 

She shook her head, "You cannot let her sadden you. She loves you alot.. She's just very busy trying to provide a good life for you." 

I snorted, "She could retire right now and even my grandchildren would be rich." 

Before Aliah could reply, my dad walked in dressed in a suit. 

"Hey darling." He kissed my cheek and I grimaced. 

"Hi daddy."

He reached into his pocket, "So I've been thinking... You know how you've been wanting that Jeep Wrangler?"

My eyes widened, "Yeah..."

He held out a pair of keys, "Check the garage." 

With a squeal of delight I grabbed the keys and kissed his cheek, running out to the garage. I stopped short at the sight in front of me. Four door, royal blue with chrome accents and the top down. I felt my dad's hand on my shoulder, "Take it for a spin!" 

I launched myself into his arms then ran to get in the car. I nearly moaned at the purr of the engine as the car started and my dad nodded encouragingly. The garage door suddenly opened and my mom stood there, jaw on the floor.

"What is this?!"

He chuckled, "I decided to get Izzy a little surprise, she deserved it."

By my mom's expression I knew a fight was coming on, so I put my sunglasses on and sighed, "I'll be back." Then zoomed out of the garage. 

My last image was my mom opening her mouth to scream at my dad before I turned out of the driveway. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter! @Lovatic_Chica

Ask.fm/Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel