[19] Not Enough

CHAPTER 19- Not Enough

Izzy's POV 

 "She'd love to." 

I turned around slowly, glaring at my mom. 

"In fact, here's her number! I'm sorry she can be a bit shy around people, but you seem like a nice boy." 

I watched in horror and my mom gave my number to the boy who had violated me just a few days ago. 

"Thanks Mrs. Lovato. Izzy, i'll call you?" My mom nudged me and I shook my head. 

"I think it's best if you don't. Because I most definitely won't answer." I saw the glint of steel in Sean's eyes as my mom pulled me away and knew that I was going to pay for that one. 

Once we were away from the crown of paparazzi, my mom turned on me. 

"What the hell was that?" 

I shrugged, "I don't want to go out with him." 

Hey eyes were blazing, "Isabella, all your life I have taught you to be nice to people-" 

"Really?! How? Through nannies when you and dad are away?! Mom face it, you were never there. So for both of our sakes, don't start acting like a parent when we both know you never wanted to be." 

Her mouth dropped open, about to tell me off, or probably ground me, but at that moment my dad pulled up in the car, staring at us curiously. 

"What did I miss?" 

My mom shut her mouth and resumed her cold facade, 

"Nothing. Nothing at all." 

          The drove home was silent, my mom kept staring at me from the front seat but I refused to give in. Finally letting go of a piece of what I wanted to say to her from the first time she left me for work in the second grade, was a relief. The guilt was there of course, but I refused to think back on it because I knew I meant every single word. At last, we arrived at home, and I went straight up to my room. No surprise, I heard a knock on my door a few seconds later. 

"Izzy? Can you open the door?" It was my dad. Not having time to figure out if it was a trap, I opened the door. 

"What?"

He sighed, "Can I come in?" I opened the door wider and her walked through, sitting on my bed.

"What did you say to your mother?"

I crossed my arms, "Why do you need to know?"

My dad smiled, "Because she's been sitting in our bedroom crying since the moment we got home and you stormed in here so I'm guessing something went down." 

"I don't care if she's crying. I told her the truth, that she shouldn't start acting like a parent because we both she didn't want to be."

My dad furrowed his brow, "That's not tr-"  

"But it is Dad, it is. I've heard her ranting to Marissa about how much I hinder her career. How much she wishes that drunken night in Paris didn't happen. You've heard it too. Yeah I know she doens't have those feelings now, but the fact that she once did hurts Dad. I see the look in her eyes when she's mad at me for something, it's something a mom should never look at her child with. You know i'm right, and you know that the only reason you two didn't divorce a long time ago was because of her stupid public image. Well you know what? I'm tired of bandaids being put over all of our problems. I'm tired of covering everything up with a publicist. Why can't we be a real family who can deal with their shit?!" 

He stayed silent while I finished my rant, "Isabella Lovato-Valderamma. Your mom loves you. I know in your mind sometimes it doesn't feel that way, and that sometimes she gets caught up in the world, but she loves you. I'm not justifying her actions, but she does love you. And you know what? She loves me too, and I love her. That, is the reason we are still together. Underneath all of the pain and anger and frustration, I love her and she loves me." 

My answer was short. 

"Sometimes love isn't enough." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter and tell me what you thought! @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel