[32] Let Go

CHAPTER 32- Let Go

Izzy's POV  

        I woke up snuggled into my mom's warm embrace. I sighed with a smile and leaned into her for a second, but quickly realized there was nothing covering my arms. I yelped and jumped up, quickly throwing on a sweatshirt as my mom woke up sleepily. 

"What's wrong babygirl?" 

I shook my head, gripping the ends of my sweatshirt with my fists. 

"Nothing, you scared me I didn't expect you to be here when I woke up." 

The lie must've worked, becasue my mom smiled and touched my cheek. 

"I'll always be here." 

My phone buzzed on the bedside table, ruining our moment. 

Jakeee; Hey! Would you be able to fit me into your schedule for today(: 

Izzy; Well... that depends what you were thinking of doing... I am a busy girl you know(: 

Jakeee; Oh I know! I was thinking we could get breakfast and just do whatever?

Izzy;Sure! Just tell me where to meet you! 

Jakeee; Nonsense, I'll pick you up in twenty.

 "Who are you texting?" I looked up from my phone, trying to hide the goofy grin that always took over my face when I spoke to Jake. 

"Uhm, No one... Just a friend." 

She nodded and got out of bed, "I have a meeting today, but it's only until one. What are you plans for today?" 

I shrugged, "Might be going out for a little, but I'll be home before dinner." 

My mom smiled and nodded before walking out. As soon as the door shut I snapped into action, rushing to get dressed so that I would look decent for Jake. 

~*~

        "So where to know?" I giggled, as Jake finished singing a familiar song obnoxiously loud. 

"Well we could go to the movies?" 

My brow furrowed as I checked the time on my phone. 

"Go to the movies at eleven o'clock in the morning?" 

Jake nodded enthusiastically, "Don't tell me you've never been to a morning movie?! Aw they're the best! You basically have the whole theater to yourself! You can lay across the seats and just chill. It's AWESOME. We're so going. Put your seatbelt on." 

*

        "This is so weird." I whispered, as Jake and I walked into the empty theater clutching popcorn and drinks.

He nodded with a smile, "Me and my dad used to do this. He'd pick me up from school without my mom knowing and bring me to the movies. I didn't realize then that he was breaking their custody agreement, but now that's stopped so I haven't been here in so long this early." 

I nodded and we took our seats in the middle of the theater. Jake laid down across seven of them while I only took up five. Tentatively, he reached over and took my hand, intertwining our fingers as I felt his intense gaze on me. 

"I forgot to remind you how beautiful you look." 

I ducked my face to hide my blush and huge smile.