[74] Surprise

CHAPTER 74- Surprise

Demi's POV

Wilmer and I walked into the doctor's office and you could practically cut the tension with the knife. Once we were put into a room to wait for the doctor, it only grew.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked in a small voice, and he didn't look up.

"No."

I sighed, "Than can you stop acting like you are?"

Wilmer shrugged, "I'm not acting like anything."

I fell silent, not wanting to push something that I knew I wasn't going to get- him to be vulnerable. Luckily, the doctor walked in then, and set me up for an ultrasound.

"Alright, let's see how this baby's doin." She smiled, and rubbed the cool gel onto my abdomen. Wilmer stood next to me, but the tightness in his muscles didn't stop.

"Did you guys want to know the sex of-" She cut off and her brow furrowed, instantly my heart began to beat faster.

"What is it?!"

The doctor put down the wand and sighed, "I'll be right back to get another doctor."

I looked up at Wilmer with tears in my eyes and in that moment we forgot about our issues as we embraced, he held me tightly as we stared down at my large stomach and he kissed my temple.

"It's gonna be okay baby."

I just nodded and numbly stared at my bump, already I knew that if something something was wrong I wouldn't ever recover from it.

The doctor walked in with an emotionless expression and sat in the chair, "Let's take a look shall we?"

I nodded and watched the monitor as the doctors pressed around my stomach and the scene changed.

"Well well well, you two have been busy haven't you?"

I blinked a few times, "What?"

He smiled, "Congratulations, you guys are having twins."

I gasped and looked at Wilmer who's eyes were the size of dinner plates, "Twins?"

The doctor nodded, "Looks like one of them was hiding behind the other this whole time! Twins! I know you guys opted out to know the sex, but does this change your mind?"

I looked up at Wilmer who nodded, "I think it does."

"Well, they're fraternal. Brother and sister."

I choked out a sob and Wilmer's hand covered his mouth.

"I'll give you two a minute." The doctor murmured, and the second he walked out I grabbed Wilmer and he hugged me securely.

"Twins. We're having twins." I whispered, choking back sobs.

"I know nena. I told you it was all going to be okay."

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes and pushed my lips against his, tasting my tears as they ran down my cheeks.

Life is perfect.

The doctor walked in then, holding a file, "Now this changes a few things. Your due date is two weeks sooner, but we want those babies to stay in as long as we can. So, no spicy food, no rigorous exercise, and..." He paused, giving us a stern look, "No sex."

I frowned and Wilmer rubbed the back of his neck.

"None?"

The doctor chuckled, "If it's really two much then you can give each other.... pleasure in other ways. Just no penetration."

My face turned bright red while Wilmer was thoughtful, "I can work with that."

"Wilmer!" I hit his chest and buried my head into my hands, "You keep it up and you're not getting anything."

~*Izzy's POV*~

Saffy and I have been hanging out for hours now, but it feels like such a short time. She's hilarious, and we've already gotten to that point of sassing each other and knowing that we're joking.

"Hey do you have anything to drink?" She asked, falling next to me on my bed.

"Yeah." I simply stated, and smirked as she rolled her eyes.

"Can you get me something to drink?"

I snorted, "Uhm no? Get off your ass and get it."

Saffy whined, "But what if your parents come home? Dude that's so awkward!"

I sighed and made a huge show about getting up before shooting her a smile and walking downstairs. I opened my fridge and peered inside.

"Water, Gatorade, Coconut water, or orange juice."

Saffy made a face, "You guys don't drink soda?"

I shook my head, "My mom kind of a health nut. She's allergic to pretty much everything."

Saffy frowned, "What do your parents do for a living? I mean obviously it has to be important, your house says that."

I smiled, "My dad's an actor and my mom's a singer, and has a bunch of endorsements."

Saffy smiled, "Would I have heard of them?"

I was about to answer, but at that moment the very people I was trying to keep from her walked through the doors with huge smiles on their faces, and Saffy's face drained of color.

My parents.

"Hey Izzy! Who's this?" My mom said with her signature smile that she reserved for meeting strangers.

"I'm... uhm... I'm.."

"Saffy." I reminded her, amused by her reaction.

"Y-Yeah, what she said."

My mom smiled, "Well it's nice to meet you Saffy. If you'll excuse us, we'll be upstairs."

As soon as they walked upstairs Saffy turned to me with an unreadable expression.

"Your mom is Demi Lovato."

I smiled, "Yeah, I've known that for a while."

Saffy blinked again, "Your dad is Wilmer Valderamma."

I nodded, "Yep."

Saffy grinned, "Cool."

~*Demi's POV*~

"She seems nice." I said, as Wilmer and I walked up to our room.

"Yeah, it's nice to see Izzy with a friend that doesn't have a pierced something."

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him softly, "Twins." I whispered, as a huge smile overtook my features.

Wilmer leaned his forehead against mine, "Twins."

Another giggle escaped my mouth as we looked down at my bump, "So that's why I'm so huge."

He smiled, "You're perfect." His kissed my nose, "Absolutely perfect nena."

I grinned and pushed my lips up to meet his, sighing in the perfection of that moment.

I should've known it wouldn't last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: @Lovatic_Chica

Next Update: Friday!

-Rachel