[66] Gone

CHAPTER 66- Gone

Demi's POV 

        I read through the note three times before it finally registered with me that Izzy was gone, and Wilmer was speaking to me. 

"Demi!" I looked up numbly and his face was full of alarm. "What does it say?" 

I looked down at the note incomprehensibly and slowly handed it to him, then turned my back and went to sit on the couch where I stared at the wall. 

She's gone. 

Gone. 

Gone.

        A shriek left my lips as I buried my face into my hands and the tears poured down my cheeks. I felt Wilmer touch my back but I shoved him away. 

"GONE! SHE'S GONE WILMER!" I screeched, and let out another loud sob. "She's gone." 

Wilmer shook his head and tried to take me into his arms again, "NO!" I yelled, standing up and grabbing my keys.

He stood up too, "Demi where are you going? You don't even know where to look!" 

I turned around tears blurring my vision, "We can't just stand here. I have to go find her... I have to..." 

I looked down at the silver keys in my hand and another inhuman sound ripped through my chest as I collapsed, Wilmer catching me before I hit the ground. He cradled me into his chest as I sobbed into his t-shirt. I felt him gently put me on the bed and I curled into a ball, shaking hard as I struggled to breathe through the sheer pain that I felt inside of me. 

"Nena calm down." I shook my head and rolled away from his embrace, refusing to be comfortedfor something I'd done to my daughter. I did this. I drove her away from me. 

"She's gone." I whispered, my lips trembling as I felt myself breaking apart. "She's gone Wilmer." 

This time, I didn't fight it as he pulled me into his chest and held me together. 

"Gone." 

~*~
Izzy's POV 

        Pam and I drove for a long time, the scenery passed quickly until she drove into another city and we found ourselves outside an apartment building. 

"Come on, I know a friend here." 

I nodded, unsure, and followed her up the path where she knocked loudly on the door. Soon, it was opened and I saw a guy standing there, unshaven and unclean, he was stil attractive and could be model potential if he took a shower or too. 

"What are you doin' here?" He snarled in an Australian accent. 

"We need a place to stay dipshit. Now move over." Pam boldly declared and the guy glowered for a second before moving to the side. 

"This ain't some illegal shit again is it? I won't have my business compromised because of you brats." 

Pam rolled her eyes as he slammed the door behind us, "No it's not illegal we're both over eighteen now would you please give me something to fucking eat?" She gave me a look to go along with her as she said the eighteen part and I nodded mutely. 

"So what's your name." The guy directed at me, but Pam stepped in. 

"She's Iz. Look can we stay here or not?" 

He examined me closely, then nodded, "Fine, but if you're in deep shit right now leave before they can trace it back to me. I'll tell em everything if you're caught and drag me into this mess." 

Pam nodded and grabbed my hand, leading me up the stairs to a bedroom. 

"This is all we got for now, but later we can go out and get some food, but get comfortable because we can't leave until dark. Your mom probably has every cop in the state looking for you." 

I sighed and sat on the bad, "She's probably crushed." 

Pam smacked the back of my head lightly, "Don't think about it. If you think about it you have second thoughts and then you get weak. Best to just keep your head down okay?" 

I nodded and she patted my back, "Take a nap. You're gonna need it. Tonight we're gonna have fun. You could use some adventure." 

I smiled and laid back on the surprisingly comfortable bed, then let my eyes close. 

~*~

        "Come on Izzy! Get up here!" I looked up to Pam who was perched on one of the top rungs of a ferris wheel at the abandoned carnival we decided to hang out in. Anxiously, I began to climb up the rickety steps to where she was and took a shuddering breath as I grabbed onto the rails tightly. 

"Chill it's not even that high." Pam laughed and I rolled my eyes but followed her into a seat where we were about to sit and look at the stars. 

"This is so pretty, you don't really see them in LA." I murmured, and Pam nodded in agreement. 

It was silent for a few minutes until I looked at her curiously, "So what's your story?" 

She glanced at me, "What do you mean?" 

I shrugged, "Everyone has one, why are you the way you are? Why don't you have a family?" 

She chuckled and looked back at the stars, "I never really had a family. I mean, I lived with the people who gave birth to me but they were mostly strangers to me. My parents worked alot, and were so concerned with my sibling's success in school or in arts that they barely paid attention to me. ONce day when I was fourteen I ran away, and it took them two days to realize I was missing, then they didn't even file a police report." 

I sucked in a breath of air, "Pam I'm so sorry." 

She shook her head, "Nah it's cool. I wasn't really close to them so it didn't hurt as bad as it should of. I sucked at school, and painting, and the harp, so it wasn't really a big deal kto leave since they didn't want me anyway." She shrugged, as if it were nothing major that she'd left her family. 

"Do you ever regret?" 

She looked at me with eyes full of emotion, "Every single day." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter: @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel