[58] Psycho

CHAPTER 58- Psycho

Demi's POV 

        When I got home from the precinct, Wilmer was standing in the kitchen with a glass. 

"Where's Izzy?" 

He looked up through bloodshot eyes, "Sleeping." 

I nodded and looked at the drink in his hand, "What's that?" 

He looked down with a perplexed expression, "I don't really know." 

With a sigh I walked over and took the glass from him, as the smell of the strong alcohol hit my nose I immediately jerked back. 

"Wilmer why the fuck are you drinking in my house?" 

He looked up and rolled his eyes, "Our house baby." 

I frowned, "What the hell is wrong with you?" 

He sighed, "What's even the point anymore?" 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, checking the bottle next to him to see it was half empty, Wilmer was wasted. 

"I mean think about it." He drawled, "We're never gonna work out, we fight too much and there's no point of working our marriage out when it's doomed. Izzy's gonna go psycho and we're gonna fall apart. Why prevent the inevitable when I can start drinking now." 

I blinked back tears and grabbed his glass, "Well if you get to drink at least pour me a glass like a gentleman." 

He blinked, "What the fuck Demi? Give me that." 

I held the bottle out of his reach, "Why? You and Izzy are practically my only reason for staying strong. If you leave, and she becomes a psycho like you I have nothing left. So like you said, why prevent th inevitable?" 

I was bluffing, and it worked as he poured his glass down the drain and I followed with the bottle. 

"Let's get you upstairs so you can sleep it off." I murmured, rubbing his back as he stumbled up the stairs. He flopped onto the bed and pulled me on top of him. 

"This feels familiar." 

I couldn't help but smile at his flirtatiousness as he grabbed my ass, "It does, but usually I was the drunk one and you were the responsible one." 

He chuckled and leaned up to kiss me but I pulled away. 

"Nope, not while you're shit faced and taste like vodka." 

He sighed, "One kiss?" 

I shook my head, "No Wilmer, I'm not even sure if I'll want to kiss you for awhile." 

Wilmer rolled his eyes and pushed himself onto his stomach, "Whatever. Be a bitch." 

I bit my lip, stung by the comment. Drunk Wilmer isn't the nicest person around. 

"I'll sleep in the other bedroom tonight, goodnight Will." I murmured, rubbing his arm and leaning down to kiss his cheek. 

~*~

        I woke up to the sound of footsteps running into the bathroom along with the sound of someone throwing up. With a groan I got out of bed and followed them, Wilmer was crouched over the bowl, his face ashen. I smiled grimly, it was no secret I wasn't fond of his drinking and didn't show him any pity when he got himself into situations like this. Gently, I rubbed his back as he let it all out, and fell to the floor with a groan. 

"Do we have any Advil or Motrin?" He asked, his eyes fluttering shut. 

"Yeah, here." I reached into the medicine cabinet and grabbed the bottle of tablets, rolling my eyes when he swallowed them dry. "Okay, let's go to bed." Grabbing his arm, I helped him to his feet and practically carried him back to bed where he laid eagle spread and snoring, falling into a deep sleep. 

~*~

        A few hours later, the light shining onto my face made my eyes flutter open. I sat up with a groan and walked downstairs to where Wilmer was sitting at the table, nursing his hangover with a cup of coffee. 

"Hey." 

"Hi." I said, pouring a mug for myself and sitting across from him. 

He sighed, "How bad was it last night?" 

I raised an eyebrow and pretended to think, "Well you basically said that our marriage has no way of working out so there's no point in trying, oh and that Izzy is going to become a psycho 'like me' and that you might as well start drinking now." 

He groaned as his head fell forward into his hands, "Demi I'm so sorry you knowI don't feel that way right?" 

I nodded, but in truth I wasn't so sure. Wilmer and I weren't always on the same page, and he was usually quite honest when he was drunk, that's how I got him to admit it the first time he cheated on me. 

"You don't believe me." 

I shrugged, "I don't know what I believe Wilmer. Maybe it's best if we do take a break, or go back to the ground rules." 

He sighed, "I guess I knew that was coming."

I half-smiled, "At least Izzy's okay." 

~*'Izzy's*~

        I rolled over and blinked my eyes to get accustomed to the lighting. The dull burn in my arm was nothing compared to the ache I felt in my chest. 

Psycho, psycho, psycho, psycho. 

The word echoed in my head over and over again. 

Psycho. 

MY dad was right, was is the point anymore? Of living, or dying, I didn't care. 

I don't want to live but I don't want to put my mom and the others through the pain of me dying. 

This was a nice compromise. 

I looked under my pillow at the bottle of liquor I'd swiped from my dad's secret stash in his office. It was dark in my room, only about three in the morning, so I switched my lamp on, letting a dull glow illuminate the room. Uncapping the bottle, I raised it to my mouth and pinched my nose, gulping a few swigs down. I came up coughing into a pillow. This stuff was strong. I could already feel my head buzzing. As the bottle emptied more and more I found myself relishing in the numbness. I wasn't worried about my parent's sleeping in the next rooms, or that they'd just had a huge fight. 

Still, no matter how much vodka I poured down my throat, I could only think of one thing. 

Psycho

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter and let me know what you thought! @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel