[8] Beautiful Mind.

CHAPTER 8- Beautiful Mind. 

Izzy's POV 

I drove around for a while- maybe three hours, before finally coming home. The house was dark and quiet, weird considering they'd obviously been in a fight. I walked into the kitchen and saw a not on the counter. 

Izzy, 
Dad- NYC 
Mom- Tokyo (Int# 364-771-9760)
Marissa will be here by seven, have fun.

-Mom

I felt tears coming to my eyes, she hadn't even said goodbye... either of them. My phone started buzzing, it was mom. After a second of deliberation, I ignored it.... And every call following. 

~*~

Just as my mom said, Marissa arrived at seven. She walked into the living room, where i'd built a mountain of pillows and blankets. 

"Hey kiddo." 

I nodded, not in the mood to 'talk about it.'

She sat next to me, "So watcha want for dinner?" 

I shook my head, "Already ate."

 My holly response advised her not to push it, and she pulled me into a hug. 

"You wanna talk?" 

Yes. 

I shook my head, "Nope." 

Marissa looked at me; examining my face. "What's goin' on in that beautiful mind?" 

I almost burst out laughing, my mind is far from beautiful. It's filled with dark thoughts and hatred. Hatred for myself, resentment for my parents, and even more hatred for the bullies at school that my mom said to love. 'The meanest ones are the most broken.' She would murmur, as she comforted me when I came home from school crying as a kid. She hasn't done that in a while... although I never really understood that advice.. and I still don't. What kind of broken person has the strength to drag someone down far enough into the darkness for them to hate the very skin they live in? 

"Izzy?"

I looked up, Marissa's face was confused and a little concerned. 

"You zoned out." 

I sighed, "Sorry." 

Even though she kept her face the same, I could sense her growing frustration with me.

"Let it out Mar." 

She let out a rush of air, "I think you should tell you mom." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Follow me on twitter! @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel