[56] I'm here

CHAPTER 56- I'm here

Demi's POV 

        After Izzy ran out of the house to Jake's car I smiled as she kissed him and they drove away. 

"They remind me of us." 

Wilmer looked up, "I know, that's what scares me." 

I chuckled and walked over to him, straddling his lap on the couch. 

"We weren't all bad. In fact to my memory we were pretty damn good." 

He smiled as his hands ran down my sides to my ass, "You're still pretty good." 

I raised an eyebrow, "How would you know? We haven't evaluated my skills in a while." 

Wilmer smiled and I kissed him passionately, my hands intertwining in his hair. I bit down on his bottom lip, dragging it out with his teeth before roughly bringing his mouth to mine again. I probably shouldn't be doing this- getting us all worked up, but in this moment I didn't care that it wouldn't lead to sex. I just wanted him. Wilmer's tongue touched mine and I felt a shock of electricity through my body. As his hands traveled down my back it arched for him, causing a low moan to release from my mouth. I could feel him growing underneath me, and began to grind down with my hips. Immediately he froze, and I sighed, stopping my movements. 

"Sorry, got a little carried away." 

He chuckled and kissed me again softly, "Don't worry it's perfectly okay." 

I smiled and leaned into his chest, sighing contently as his arms wrapped around me. 

"She's gonna be okay right?" I looked up into Wilmer's concerned eyes and immediately knew he was talking about Izzy. 

"She'll be fine. We just have to help her through it." 

He nodded, "This feels different from when you went through it. I don't know what to think or do, I just feel so helpless." 

I understood perfectly, "Well there's not much we can do other than be there for her when she needs us. Ninety percent of it is all her mental strength and how much she really wants to recover. I don't know if she's there yet but it's our job to hold her up when she wants to fall down." 

Wilmer sighed, "I wish there was a way we could go back to when she was a kid and just magically fix everything." 

I shook my head, "I don't think even that would work. It's in her DNA. Kids who's parents suffered through depression have a much higher chance of getting it in their teenage years." 

As always, Wilmer could read my mind. He pulled me into his chest and hugged my tightly. 

"Demi this is not your fault. You can't blame yourself for this. It could have very well of been my fault for not being there for her when she needed me or the bullies or anything. We don't know what could've caused it and at this point it doesn't matter because we're working on fixing it. Like you said, she's gonna be fine." 

I nodded, absentmindedly playing with the ring on his finger that symbolized our marriage. Many times when I was mad at him or in a fight I'd take it off and throw it at him, usually his head, but he never took his off after we made it through the affair. He vowed to me that it would never leave his finger again and to this day he has kept that promise. Just as I leaned up to kiss him again, my phone rang. 

"It's Izzy." I murmured to Wilmer, unlocking the phone and putting it to my ear. "Hello?" 

Her voice rang out in a sob, "Mom?" 

I sat up straight, "What's going on baby." 

She began to sob into the phone, and I felt tears coming to my own eyes. 

"C-Can you just come pick me up?" I stood up from Wilmer's lap, grabbing my car keys and giving him a look to stay here. 

"Of course, where are you?" 

It was quiet except for the sound of her crying again, "I...I don't know." 

        Hundreds of worst-case-scenarios were swirling through my head as I tried to track Izzy's phone from the car. She'd hung up abruptly, and wouldn't answer any of calls again so I pulled out the big guns, calling the cell phone carrier, I finally managed to get a street name, and raced towards it, breaking at least twenty traffic laws in the process. As I squealed to a stop I jumped out of the car and began to walked down the quiet street looking for her. All of the allies were empty, but as I reached the last one I heard someone sniffle, and knew instantly that I'd found her. 

"Izzy?" I called softly, walking slowly down the darkened space. In return all I heard was sobs that echoed off of the brick buildings. Using my phone's flashlight, I finally reached the back of the ally where she sat against the wall, hugging her knees to her chest and crying hard. 

"Oh my baby." I whispered, sitting beside her and pulling Izzy into my arms. She let out a wail and clutched my shirt, hugging me desperately as her tears became more rapid. "Shhh I've got you baby, calm down it's okay. I'm here."

Izzy shook her head, "No it's not okay, it was all a lie, everything he ever told me was a lie." 

Although still confusing, it clicked. Something with Jake had obviously gone terribly wrong. 

"Baby what do you mean?" 

She just shook her head, "I loved him mom, I loved him so much it hurt. Why does it hurt so bad?" 

I sighed and rubbed her back gently as she continued to cry, soaking the sleeve of my t-shirt. 

"Talk to me Iz, what happened?" 

She shook her head, "Can we just go home?" I nodded, and stood up, offering her my hand. Izzy looked at it as though she didn't know what to do. 

"i.. I don't think that I can walk." 

Gently, I picked her up and carried her out of the ally to my car, placing her into the front seat. As I pulled away and unconsciously curled into a ball, trying to holding together the pieces of what I assumed was her broken heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter! @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel