[72] Sorry

CHAPTER 72- Sorry

Wilmer's POV

I let go of Demi and walked up the stairs, stopping outside of Izzy's room and knocking lightly on the door.

"Go away."

I sighed, "Izzy, it's dad."

"I don't care. I don't want to see either one of you."

"Yeah? Well you'll change your mind once you hear what I have to say." I waited a couple seconds, then heard her footsteps across the room and the door opened in front of me.

"You have two minutes." She stated, before turning on her heel and walking over to sit on her bed. I walked over and sat next to her lightly, then folded my hands as I surveyed her.

"You have no reason to be angry with your mother."

She snorted and rolled her eyes, "I never want to speak to that woman again in my life."

I shook my head, "But you have no reason to. You don't know the full story-"

"Here's what I know daddy. She has never been there for me in the past, so why should I allow her to have a piece of my future. I ran away to look for that future, then I get dragged home by cops on her orders. I don't want to see her, or you right now and probably not for a long time."

I sighed, "Isabella your mom didn't call the cops on you. I did."

She sat up straighter, "What?! Why?!"

I looked at my hands, "It seemed like the most rational thing to do at the time. Your mom though, was begging me not to do it. She didn't want you to hate her most than she thought you already do. But that didn't matter to me, I wanted you back home where I could guaruntee you were safe. Your mom put up one hell of a fight, threatening me with divorce and that she'd never forgive me for it. And still, I called them. She almost relapsed-"

"Wait what?" Izzy sat up, the blood draining out of her face at the mention of her mom almost hurting herself.

"Yeah, I caught her just in time though, but still the fact that I caused to get that low in herself killed something in me. It wasn't her inner demons, or bullies that shoved her down in recovery, it was me. I was the one who pushed her over the edge. I held her that night and all I wanted to do was get you home so that she'd at least find some comfort in that and not cry everytime she saw a picture of you. SO you can be mad at me all you want, but please don't have these feelings for your mother. She did absolutely nothing wrong."

Izzy was silent for a long time, mulling things over in her head before she sighed, "I'm not mad at either of you. I guess it makes sense when you explain it like that."

I smiled, "So can I have a hug?"

Izzy rolled her eyes but smiled back and moved into my arms, hugging me tightly and pushing her face into my chest.

"I missed you so much babygirl."

She sighed, "I missed you too daddy."

We hugged for a while, then once she pulled back I raised an eyebrow, "So... can I send your mother in?" Izzy nodded, and I kissed her forehead, "Thanks for listening to me Iz."

Demi's POV

"She's never been there for me in the past, so why should I allow her to be there for me in the future? I don't want to see her or you right now and probably not for a long time."

I let out a squeak and quickly covered my mouth as I listening to Wilmer and Izzy talk inside her room. I couldn't bear to listen and keep quiet anymore so I practically ran down the stairs and threw myself onto the couch, pushing my face into a pillow and sobbing, she hates me. I knew she did and it's all his fault. He called the cops on her and now she hates me. I curled into a ball and let the sobs rip from my chest. After a few minutes, Wilmer walked downstairs and rushed over to me.

"Demi?! What's wrong baby?"

I shook my head, "I told you this would happen Will! She hates me!" He began to shake his head but I interrupted him, "Don't even try to fucking sugarcoat it. I heard you guys talking. She doesn't want to have me in her life anymore."

Wilmer sighed, "Demi she wants to see you. You obviously didn't stay for the full conversation, but she wants to see you."

I felt my breath catch as I choked on my words, "She does?"

Wilmer nodded, "So what are you waiting for? Go up there."

I stood up, wobbling on my legs slightly with my pregnant belly weighing me down. Wilmer caught my elbow and helped me walk up the stairs, then kissed my cheek outside of Izzy's room.

"Go ahead."

I nervously walked into the room, keeping my trembling hands clasped in front of me. Izzy was sitting on her bed with her back to me, head in her hands. I hesitated in the middle of the room, twisting my fingers.

"Izzy?"

She looked up, her eyes going wide in obvious surprise at my terrible state.

"Mom." Her voice broke and tears filled her eyes. Simultaneously, we ran towards each other, I pulled her tightly into my arms, crying out in relief.

"My baby." I whispered, stroking her hair over and over again. "Oh my God Izzy."

She was shaking as she gripped me tighter, "I'm so sorry."

I shook my head and kissed her hair, "No babygirl don't be sorry it's okay. It's okay." I walked us over to the bed and sat down, holding her and rubbing her back soothingly.

"It's not okay mom. Dad told me about last night."

I swallowed hard, "Last night was a mistake, it wasn't your fault baby. I promise."

Izzy sniffled, "I don't hate you."

I leaned my cheek on the top of her head, "I know you don't babygirl. I do. But I am sorry, I should've let you come home on your own I should've fought harder with your dad."

Izzy shook her head, "I would've come home either today or tomorrow anyway. I'm not mad at either of you anymore."

I sighed and squeezed her again, "I love you so much baby."

"I love you too mom."

I pulled back and looked her in the eyes, "And don't you EVER do that to me again."

~*~

That night, I crawled into bed and snuggled up to Wilmer's chest, his arms going around me tightly.

"We really need to get our shit together."

Wilmer chuckled, "That we do Hermosa."

I sighed and leaned my chin on his chest to look up at him, "I'm sorry I told you that we were done, and that I'd never forgive you. I was just angry and hurt."

Wilmer nodded, "I know you were nena. I understand, I didn't mean anything I said to you either."

I leaned down and pressed my lips to his, gently running my fingers through his hair as our tongues met. I was just getting into the kiss when I felt a sharp pain in my lower abdomen.

"Wilmer?" I said, breaking away from the kiss.

"What is it?"

"I think my water just broke."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THANK YOU ALL FOR ONE MILLION READS

Comment and Vote!

Twitter; @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel