[57] Disappoint

CHAPTER 57-Disappoint 

Demi's POV 

        I helped Izzy inside where Wilmer was pacing around the living room. 

"What happened?" He demanded, as I walked into the house. I shook my head as Izzy let out a wail and glared at him. Izzy stumbled into his arms, curling into her dad's chest as he hugged her. 

"Let's get her up to her room." I said, rubbing her arm. Wilmer leaned down and picked her up easily, following me up the staircase and into Izzy's bedroom. 

Once we set her on the bed she curled up and sobbed into a pillow. Wilmer pulled me away from the bed. 

"What happened." 

I threw my hands in the air, "I don't know! She just called me and asked her to pick her up! I think it had something to do with Jake..." 

He rolled his eyes, "I knew you shouldn't of let them date!" 

I scoffed, "Me? How is this my fault? There you go again! Pinning it all on me!" 

Wilmer opened his mouth to counter but Izzy interrupted us. 

"D-Don't fight. P-PLease." 

I cut my eyes at Wilmer once more before walking to the bed and pulling her into my chest. 

"Tell me what happened baby." 

She sighed, "J-Jake... he's been telling Leslie everything. I told him everything about our family, our life, you guys... and I don't even know what he told her. All I know is she knows all about me and my shit."

Izzy was sobbing by the end of it, and my blood was boiling. Wilmer stood up and walked out of the room. My temper flared and I ran after him. 

"Where the hell do you think you're going?!" I hissed, following him quickly down the stairs. 

"I don't know." As he opened the door I slammed it shut. 

"You are not fucking leaving." 

He glared back at me, "Demi. Move." 

"No. Our fucking daughter needs you Wilmer. Don't abandon this family because you can't handle things right now. I married you because I knew you could be the glue that kept me and whatever family we had together, don't you dare disappoint me. You walk out that door and we are done. You walk out of that door and I'll never be able to trust you again. Now we may be pissed at each other but we need to go back up there and be there for Izzy. Now make your choice." 

Wilmer examined my face for a long time, then sighed and backed away from the door. 

"Alright, let's go." 

I marched past him up the stairs to where Izzy was still laying on her bed. She'd stopped crying, but every now and then she would inhale sharply and another tear would streak down her cheek. She was sleeping with her head on my shoulder when her phone began to ring. It was a girl named 'Leslie.' Carefully, I walked into the hallway. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey bitch, didn't think you'd get away with it that easily by just running did you? I'm gonna tell everyone. Jake says hi by the way!" 

I inhaled sharply, "I want you to listen to me, bitch. This is Isabella's mother Demi Lovato, if you speak about my daughter, talk to my daughter, or even think about my daughter ever again, I will be prosecuting you to the fullest extent of the law, and believe me, I have good lawyers. You've bullied my daughter since the second she set foot in that high school. You threaten my daughter, you threaten me. You're going to get yours soon, whether it's karma or not. I don't care if I have to grab a baseball bat and come after you myself. If you ever contact my daughter ever again I will see you in the police station in handcuffs the very next day. Now I've never met you, but from what I'm picturing, an orange prison jump suit is not one of your colors. Goodbye." 

I growled the words into the phone and promptly hung up. There are a few things I probably shouldn't have said, but I didn't care. This is my daughter, you don't mess with her. 

~*~

        I walked down the hallway of the police station at a fast pace. I still didn't feel safe about Leslie knowing about Izzy, so the police were forcing her to sign a confidentiality agreement about Izzy's issues along and my family's. I rounded the corner and nearly collided with the officer leading the bitch into the room we were forming the document. She glanced up and her face paled as I glared down at her, allowing the officer to go first as I kept eye contact with her. 

"So, we've already configured the document. Leslie, you don't exactly need a laywer. Mrs.Lovato here has been kind enough to submit to a bargain. You sign this agreement, you can go. If you don't sign it, you're going to prison. Simple." 

A smirk formed on my face, I liked the way the cop didn't put up with her shit. 

"Also, you cannot attempt to contact Isabella Lovato-Valdramma, or any of her family members. Is that clear?" 

Leslie mutely nodded, and signed the paper, meekly handing the pen to the cop. 

"Is that all you wanted to address Mrs.Lovato?" 

I raised an eyebrow and shook my head, "Do you think you could give us a minute alone officer?" 

He nodded and had a small smile on his face as he walked out. 

I pulled my chair closer to the table, "I want you to look at me." 

Leslie's gaze slowly met my piercing stare. 

"I want to hate you, I really do. But you know what? I don't. I feel sorry for people like you. You pray on the feelings of others to build yourselves up and then somehow you feel accomplished when that person is reduced to nothing. Are you happy now? You broke my daughter. Congrats, is that what you were looking for? Was that your goal in this? You're lucky I don't send you off to prison right now. Consider it my only act of sympathy for you." 

With that, I shoved away from the table and walked out, slamming the door behind me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

Ask; Ask.fm/lovatic_chica

-Rachel