[26] Sunset

CHAPTER 26- Sunset

Izzy's POV 

         I laid in bed the next morning and pulled out my phone, staring at the new contact I'd been dying to text since the second he put it in my phone. Taking a deep breath, I hit send. 

I- Izzy   J- Jake

I- Hi... it's Izzy. 

J- Hey! I thought you were just gonna delete my number 

I- Nah, thought about it, but wanted to give you a chance to not be an obnoxious asshole. 

J- I'll do my best! What are you doing today? 

I- Depends, there's a lot of shit I have to do. Why? 

J- Do you think you could take a break from all of that shit and hang out with me? 

I- I think I can fit you into my schedule... 

J- Meet me in the park in an hour. (: 

     I put down my phone and found myself genuinely smiling for the first time in a long time. At the same time, I shoved down the butterflies I had in my stomach. I don't want anything from this except for a friendship. I don't think I could handle anything more. 

     I walked downstairs after showering and getting ready for the day, and saw the kitchen was empty except for a note. 

Hey Iz, 

Didn't want to wake you, but me and dad went out to breakfast. See you soon ! 

-Mom. 

       That was weird. Usually they can't stand to be in the same room for longer than five minutes without killing each other or door slamming. But, there are the rare times in between the fighting that I see the unconditional love they have towards each other. Both of them have fucked up, my mom with me, and my dad with an affair, but they've gotten past all of those things and know that they would never break up over a silly fight. This is one of those times, but it will no doubt turn into another screaming match sooner of later. I walked into the garage and got into the jeep, not wanting to be here when it does. 

~*~

       "Hey stranger!" I heard a voice call, as I got out of the car. I turned around to see Jake walking over to me with a smile on his face. 

"Hi." I said, with a shy smile. Jake was wearing a typical guy outfit, jordans with high socks and a matching t-shirt. However, there was something in the way he carried himself, like he wasn't a typical guy. Of course, that might've been the fact that he's one of the most attractive guys i've ever seen. 

"So watcha wanna do today? It's your call." 

I shrugged, "Well there's a bunch to do here, we could hike to the Hollywood sign?" 

Jake grinned, "I've been wanting to do that since I got here but couldn't find the time! Let's go." 

Grateful that I had decided to wear shoes I could hike in, I started up the path with Jake leading. 

~*~

  "Fuck I think we're lost." I laughed as Jake looked around with a confused expression on his face. 

"Well shit what do we do now?" I checked my watch, 7:02. 

"Well we can climb to the top of that hill and watch the sunset, then see where we need to go to get back to civilization."