Dreams Don't Lie (4)

I was there again. I was on the throne. The dark-haired guy standing in front of me. The blonde girl was curled up in one corner of the huge and dark room, I was in. I started to make my way towards the girl before someone put their hands on my shoulders.

"Not this time!" I yelled pushing the hands away and rushing towards the girl. I bent down on the floor sitting right next to the girl. She was breathing heavily.

It looked like she was gasping for breath. I wanted to comfort her. I wanted to tell her that everything is going to be alright. I felt this sisterly bond with her. I wanted to protect her - from that woman in purple and from the strange guy.

I felt a presence. I turned my gaze away from the girl. In front of me were neatly polished, smooth purple sandals that went perfectly with the clothing the woman was wearing. I turned up and stared at the woman, waiting for her to make a move.

She didn't move at all. She just stared at me. Then, she turned her gaze towards the blonde girl and the girl began to shriek with pain.

I jerked out of my dream. I looked around. I jumped of the bed, taking slow steps towards the bathroom being careful not to step on anything.

I felt something touch my hand. I shrieked.

"Sssh, What happened?" I recognized the voice immediately.

"Eric?" I said in a shaky voice.

"Yes. Come sit down."

He took me by the hand and sat me down.  He looked at me with his soulful eyes. The room was not pitch black. I could see some light coming from behind the curtains which Eric might have closed. I was trembling from fright. That dream was horrifying. I kept thinking again and again about the girl and how they were torturing her.

"Evelyn?" Eric's gracious voice came, still looking at me. He took my hands.

"I had a bad dream."  I grasped his hands firmly.

"About what?"

"I can't remember," I lied.

"We are leaving first thing in the morning."

"What? No!"

"Yes, this is having a bad effect on you."

"No, please?" I said looking at him with pleading eyes.

"We'll see." He murmured.

I got up and made my way to the other side of the room which should be the bathroom. The bathroom was small but I didn't mind. I stared at myself in the mirror.  I splashed my face with water from a bowl.

I am getting worse.

 I opened my eyes and gasped at what I saw in the mirror. I thought someone else had appeared in front of me.

A girl. She looked just like me but she looked a hundred times better than me.

I moved my hand and watched as she moved her hand, perfectly imitating my motions. The girl was me. I was wearing an elegant tiara embedded with diamonds, shimmering in the dim light. I was wearing what I made out to be a beautiful gown.

I looked like a princess. This was surprising because I was the kind of girl who always wore jeans and t-shirts. My hair was neatly combed, falling over my shoulders.

 Suddenly, a figure appeared in the mirror. It was Veronica. At least I thought so. She looked beautiful, wearing a light pink dress that looked perfect on her.

"You look beautiful." Veronica spoke, eyeing me through the mirror. Then there was a sudden hurricane of darkness, taking the vision away with it.

I was me again. With my rough hair and worn out jeans. I ran my hand through my coarse hair. I needed to take a bath. If only I had brought some clothes with me. I didn't even know I would be here. Veronica must have some clothes that I could borrow. Anything would do, I decided. Clothes were the least of my worries now.

After taking a bath, I felt like I was short of breath. I walked out to see the sky more red than usual. Eric was there with his usual charm.

I decided not to mention that I was going to take a walk outside. I walked downstairs and outside, pushing away thoughts of the dangers that might lurk around the cottage.

Even though the sky was the same blood red, the air seemed refreshing. The cottage had a mass of trees around it. I walked deeper and deeper into the forest, my thoughts wandering.

The trees and bushes were a dull green color. This place scared me. I didn't know what I was doing here. I didn't have anyone except for Eric who was my only friend. He was going out of his way to stay with me.

I should just go back home.

No I can't. I had to help these poor people.

I paused for a moment. I had walked into nowhere. I heard the crunching of leaves behind me.

I am so dead. I am going to get captured before I can help anyone. I turned around and saw a familiar purple- the same from my dreams.

The woman from my nightmares was in front of me.

A/N: Thanks to rozesme for helping me edit it.

This chapter is dedicated to Magicstudy for the awesome banner on the side :)