Bad Blood (16)

Chapter Sixteen

 Quote: “One day you will learn that love does not always betray you.”

Author's Note: I know the story doesn't make a lot of sense right now but please understand that this a rough draft. There are mysteries to be revealed so be patient and bear with me because I promise it will be woth it. Leave your thoughts below in comments or maybe vote if you liked. Happy Reading!

I smiled up at him from where I sat. He was grinning back at me. A fire burning behind him. He was dressed in black; a color which suited well on him.

"You should run away," he said. His expression was honest.

"But Derek wouldn't let me," I whispered. He smiled at me.

"Don’t worry. I will find you," he said in a low tone. He bent down on me, brushing away hair from my face.

"I hate you," I growled at him. His expression darkened as he moved closer to me.

I was floating through the darkness. I was numb. And I was alone. My body felt weightless as I drifted through an infinite darkness.

Was I dead?

And then, the darkness began to fade as I could see a faint light. I couldn’t tell where the light was coming from.

I woke up with a jerk. I looked around me.

It couldn’t be.

The faded curtains, the painted walls, the balcony. It was all coming back to me. I was back. I was back from the Dark Dimension. I was back on Earth.

I was home.

As my eyes wandered towards the balcony, a pang of fear hit me. For on the neighbor’s balcony, there was a familiar black haired figure. I could clearly see the wicked smile he wore on his face and it sent shivers down my spine.

Eric had somehow always scared me. But right now, his smile was scaring the living daylights out of me.

I turned to look away. It was then that my eyes spotted something else. Something that frightened me to death. There was someone in my room. And not just someone. Even in the dim light, I could see the figure clearly.

Jules.

I was surely dead now. She would kill me.

But won’t Eric save me?

 I ran my eyes around my room to find a way to escape. But I didn’t see any escape because the doorway was blocked. It was not just blocked but blocked by someone.

Derek was here too.

All hope was lost. I had no chance against both Derek and Jules. I glanced towards the balcony, hoping Eric would come to help me. But he was not there. He was gone.

And before I knew it, another figure appeared. I couldn’t recognize him in the dark but I was hoping it was Eric. As the figure advanced in my direction, my hope returned. Maybe I did stand a chance.

It was Shane!

But the expression on his face worried me. The expression on his face was one of anger, hate and thirst. Hope had abandoned me again. This expression was one that did not belong on Shane’s face.

I sighed. There was no sign of Eric. I was alone with Jules, Derek and Shane. I had no weapon. I had no strength. I was going to die.

All three of them took steady steps in my direction with bloodlust etched clearly on their faces. My heart was thumping so hard that I was afraid it would burst. My breathing was jagged. And then, the silence was broken by these words,