Lover Of Mine (26)

I opened my eyes slowly as I regained consciousness. The room wasn't dark as the curtains were pulled back. The wearer outside was gloomy, clouds covering the sky. It would be raining soon. I could feel Eric's presence beside me. I was lying on my front, my cheek buried into the pillow. I glanced up at Eric's face. He seemed to be sleeping. I moved closer towards him. His eyes flickered open startling me.

I remembered everything from last night. My eyes go over to my arms and I winced.

"Don't worry about it," Eric whispered, his fingers brushing my cheeks. I nodded my head. Eric put his other arm around me. I snuggled closer, my face in his neck.

"I don't want to go anywhere," I whispered slowly, breathing into his heavenly scent.

"You don't have to," Eric said slowly. He stroked my hair and kissed the top of my head.

"Don't tell Shane."

"I won't," he said. "Look at me." I looked up at Eric who had his hands on either side of my neck. I looked into his eyes.

"You don't have to worry. I will protect you but you know Shane is better," he said. I was confused by his words. I knew he would protect me.

"Shane is the one who can change you back. He is the one to save you from yourself. It won't be because he loves you it'll be because he knows what you want," he continued.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Is he leaving me?

"I mean..that you should maybe give him a chance. He knows you better. You're more comfortable with him. I have a dark past and maybe I have that affect on you," he explained, giving nothing away.

"What? Is that what you think? I can't-" I started to protest. I couldn't leave him.

"You've seen the real me. Why are you here? Last night, you cut yourself. Things could get worse. I don't want you to get hurt. Shane has this calming effect on you."

"No. No. Eric, I am not leaving you. You aren't doing this. I am doing this to myself. Are you abandoning me?" I asked feeling hurt. There was a lump in my throat.

"No. Of course not. But you can't see a future with me, Evelyn."

"Eric, don't. Don't do this. Not now," I whispered desperately. I couldn't take it. I didn't want to cry. I was shaken up from what had happened last night.

"Okay. I shouldn't have. Don't cry," Eric said wiping away a tear that trickled down my cheek. I nodded swallowing the lump in my throat. Eric leaned down and kissed me. My hands found their way to his hair. He kissed me sweetly but firmly.

"Please don't leave me," I mumbled as he broke the kiss.

"I won't ever mention it again," Eric said squeezing my arm. I closed my eyes, sighing.

It had been two days since the event that occurred. I closed the book I was reading just as I heard the front door open. I placed it on the table and rushed downstairs. I would never get used to the large staircase.

I saw Eric closing the front door. He had not been around and I hadn't seen him all day.

"Eric!" I exclaimed throwing my arms around his neck. Eric smiled and then kissed me slowly.

"Where have you been?" I asked in a curious voice.

"I met Shane and I had some other work," he replied his arms around my waist.