His Torture - Part II (12)

Chapter Twelve

His Torture – Part II

“She’s going to be fine. I’d hate to see her die. She seemed really strong,” someone’s voice rang in my ears as I slowly regained consciousness. My body felt as stiff as a stick and I could barely move. I was aware that I lying on something hard, wooden floor, and it wasn’t exactly comfortable. I opened my eyes even though it took a lot of effort. My head was killing me. I found myself staring into the wooden ceiling.

“She did. It would be a shame. Another life lost. I wonder how many to go until we find the right one,” another voice said. Something was oddly familiar about it. Surely it couldn’t be Eric’s voice?

I groaned as I tried to get up. The thought of Eric suddenly brought everything back into my mind. The blood, the torture, the pain….Jules..Derek. I immediately shot up, my body protesting because I felt so tired.

One thing was clear, I was still in the same cellar where I had passed out from the intense pain and two, I could smell smoke.

There was a bright orange light in the cellar, illuminating its bare wooden walls. I looked around to find two men standing by a fire which was burning brilliantly. A trial of fire was spread across the cellar and I shrank away. I got up and gazed down at my clothes which were tattered and torn. A lot of my skin was revealing but I was grateful that my shirt was still intact even though it was torn at the hem and the arms.

Blood. Knife.

The vague memory of Jules plunging the knife into my arm bought a wave of nausea rushing through me. Now, my arms were completely healed, no trace of knife cuts or wounds. There was so much blood before. The two men, Eric and Derek had turned around now and were watching me silently. Eric’s expression was blank while Derek was looking at me with a look of pity on his pretty face. Jules was nowhere in sight.

After a few minutes of staring at me, Eric moved towards me. I stood my ground even though all I wanted to do was run for the door but that was not an option because another fire was burning there, blocking the much needed entrance. He strolled towards me and stopped just inches away. Fear had engulfed me once again and my knees were shaking but I didn’t dare back down from him.

“Are you going to let me go now?” I managed to ask. When I spoke, my voice was hoarse and it was almost painful to speak. I was so thirsty but I doubted I would get water if I asked for it. Eric smiled a crook smile which sent chills up my spine.

“No. I’m not quiet done with you yet,” was all he said, with a sly tone.

“Please, Eric. Why are you doing this?” my voice almost broke at the end. My throat was aching now.

“Come on, now. Let’s see if you can handle this,” he said. He grabbed my small frame before I could move and started pulling me towards Derek..and the fire. No, no, no, no, was all I could think of.

“I don’t want to die,” I whimpered, tears clouding my vision. He was going to kill me at the end of this, if I survived.

“Then don’t,” Eric said and chuckled afterwards. This was so not him. Not at all. Something was wrong with him. Or maybe this was the real him which he had kept hidden from me all this time. He had been so worried when I got lost but it wasn’t because he cared about me, it was because he wanted to do this to me. Torture me.

“Why are you doing this!”

Eric pushed me in front of him and then shoved me forwards with such force that I collided into Derek who didn’t even stumble but grasped my arms to steady me. I pulled myself away from his grasp and looked up at him. For a minute, I thought I saw a hint of sadness on his face but then it was gone and he was smiling at me, cunningly.