Know You (21)

"Eric!" The sound of Addison's voice distracted us. Eric broke the kiss glancing towards the door. He frowned once the stood up.

"Eric!" Addison shouted again from the next room. I stood up and followed Eric out of the room.

"I'm coming!" Eric called as we entered her room.

She was sitting on the bed, photo albums spread around her and her hair wrapped in a towel. She smiled as she saw Eric. Her bed was covered in all sorts of books and her bag was open.

"Why were you calling?" Eric asked sitting down on the bed next to her.

"Sit down, Evelyn." Addison said smiling warmly at me. I returned the smile and sat down opposite to Eric and Addison.

"I wanted to show you these pictures. I went to your house and found some pictures," she told Eric handing him a few photographs. Eric looked at them with a look of boredom on her face.

 The pictures were of Addison and her friends from high school and college. She said she normally lived on Earth. I envied her as I stared at the pictures she handed me. She had a normal life; something I couldn't ever have again.

I wanted so badly to go back home, just wake up one morning in my home and find that this was all a dream but I didn't want to lose Eric.

"And this is my best friend. You have got to meet her," she said excitedly as she handed him another picture. It was a pretty brunette. Eric smirked at her.

"I don't have time to meet your friends," he said sarcastically. Addison scowled at him. I didn't say anything but watched them with amusement.

"And this one is of you. I quiet like this one. You look perfect," she said handing him another photograph.

"Oh this one," Eric murmured thoughtfully.

"Show it to Evelyn," Addison said to Eric while she was looking at some other pictures.

I leaned forward to see the picture. I immediately realized where I had seen it before. It was the same picture I had seen in Eric's room before I had been lured into this place. Shane, Eric and me.

“I’ve seen this one before.”

"You have?" Eric asked trying not to show his surprise. Addison wasn't listening to us.

"Yes. I did in your house once. Sorry," I mumbled apologetically. Eric nodded his head.

I didn't know if I should ask him anything but I kept my mouth shut. He knew I was wondering but he didn't say anything. About half an hour later Addison wrapped up all the pictures including that one because Eric asked her to keep it.

I felt exhausted. I silently walked back to by room, thinking. I jumped onto the bed and closed my eyes. I felt myself drifting off to sleep but just then the door opened. I refused to open my eyes as I felt Eric sit down beside me. He kissed my cheek for a brief moment. My eyes flew open. He smiled at me.

"I know what you're wondering. I'll tell you everything," he whispered as I threw my arms around him.

"Now?" I asked hopefully. Eric shook his head.

"I will but not now," he said again in a soft tone. I nodded my head swallowing. He smiled reassuringly at me. I leaned in just as he caught my lips. It was a short kiss.

Eric put him arms around me as I snuggled up to him, my eyes closed. I breathed into his neck. I felt incredibly safe as I drifted off to sleep.