Judas kiss (27)

I couldn't help wondering about Rose. I had never seen Eric so desperate except for in that memory. Maybe he really did love her. I knew the necklace that I was wearing belonged to her. Eric had said
that Rose could see the future. She knew about me an she never told him. Eric didn't say anything about her and I didn't ask anything either.

Eric dropped me off at Luke's house later the other day. He told me to give him a call when to pick up. I gave him a quick kiss and he drove off. I was so nervous. I rung the bell feeling my legs go weak.

A brown haired man opened the door. I stared at him shamelessly feeling the familiarness. He was good looking with hazel eyes and fair skin. I leapt up and hugged him.

"Evelyn..it's so good to see you," Luke said. I let go off him and watched him. He hadn't changed a lot.

"Luke..I didn't realize how much I missed you," I said excitedly. Luke took my hand and led me in. His apartment was beautiful with fancy furniture.

I saw Amy in the living room. She ran over and hugged me almost knocking me over. Both if us chuckled. She was like the sister I never had. I never realized how much I had missed her until now.

"Where the hell have you been? Do you realize how much I missed you?" she scolded me.

"I know. I'm so sorry," I said immediately. I watched her movements. I knew her so well.

"Sit down, Evelyn," Luke said putting a hand on my back. I sat down beside him on the couch. Amy sat down opposite to me.

"What are you staring at?" I asked as she examined me.

"I haven't seen you in three years. Can't I inspect you?" she retorted back at me. I smiled fondly at her.

"So where have you been?" I turned to Luke who has spoken. I knew I couldn't tell him.

"I went abroad to stay with some relatives for change after college," lied confidently.

"You didn't answer my calls," Amy complained handing me a galas of wine.

"Well..uhh..I don't have a good reason to that. I don't drink," I said guiltily.

"Since when?" Luke asked smirking ate. I smacked him on his arm.

"I gave up drinking a few years ago," I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Well a few glasses won't hurt," Amy put in.

"Okay," I said before taking a sip.

"So did you find someone?" Amy asked. I looked at her for a second.

"Yeah," I said in an even tone. I didn't dare look at Luke. He had helped me a lot after Derek had left.

"Who who who?" Amy asked excitedly. She was almost jumping out of her chair.

"Eric Clarke," I said quietly. I didn't know whether to give more information or not.

"Name sounds familiar," Amy said thoughtfully. I nodded my head turning towards Luke. He was smiling slightly. There was nothing between us now so why did it feel like there was?

"So what are you doing now?" I asked Amy. She smiled excitedly.

"I got a job. I'm going to move back with mom and dad. Luke wants his privacy," she said scowling at him.

"I'm not kicking you out, little sister," Luke said smiling at her.

"More wine?" Amy asked refilling her glass.