Chapter 66

"Jasmine! Jasmine wait!"

Ignoring the voice of the person who single handedly ruined my birthday, I take a sharp turn down the literature hallway and try my best to run with my bag slung over my shoulder awkwardly. If Sam wouldn't have been late to meet me at the end of the last period of the day than I would have been able to add another day to the 4 previous days that I had successfully avoided Nash since he came back.

I cursed myself for not wearing sensible clothes to school today, instead wearing a pink skater dress, a jean jacket, and my black combat boots that echoed as I ran away from Nash, making it easy for him to follow me and to hear where I was when he'd lost me. I struggled to keep my breathing even as I ducked through the doors to the auditorium.

After being in drama my freshman year I knew there was a hidden passage under the stage. It was dimly lit in here and I could hear Nash's footsteps following me as I ran down the rows of seats before the light from his phone began shining at my feet. He was far too close to me, almost catching me so I decided to ditch my bag because it was only slowing me down, slinging it down at the end of a row as I made my way to the side of the stage stairs and pulled the door hidden under them open.

"Jasmine stop!" Nash's voice rang out before the door closed behind me and muffled it. I was greeted by a long dark tunnel that I knew ran under the stage to the other side and to a set of hidden stairs on the other side that led up to the second floor dressing room. The actors used it to change from one costume to another and get back on stage all while hidden from the audience.

It was pitch black and I couldn't see shit, and like the idiot I am, I left my phone in my bag, out there with Nash...

Or so I thought until I heard the door open and close, his loud, uneven breath echoing through the tunnel as it got closer and closer to me. I reached up, covering my mouth and shrinking back against the wall, my heart beating out of my chest as I began praying he couldn't hear it.

"Jasmine I can hear you!" He said quietly, his footsteps shuffling closer and closer. Without warning, the light from his phone came on again and he directed it right at me.

"That desperate to get away from me, huh?" He says quietly as he walks up to me, keeping the light on. I look past him towards the doors he just came through and debate if I can make it out of them before he catches me. I decide to take my chances but am stopped when his hand darts out and grabs my wrist in his. He shuts off the light, leaving me stuck in the dark with him

"Don't. Touch. Me." I spit, ripping my arm out of his hand with his sharp intake of air ringing in my ears.

"I already got enough of you at the party, upstairs, remember?" I add angrily, unable to read his expression in the dark. His arm wraps around my waist and pulls me towards him, leading me to the conclusion that he either has listening problems or is an idiot.

"I said don't touch me!" I shriek, pushing my palms against his chest in an effort to get away from his. His grip on me only tightens and I begin pushing my palms against his chest even harder.

"Let go of me Nash! Let me go!" My voice is only amplified in the small space as I scream at him. He gathers my small wrists in his free hand and I try aimlessly to get out of his grip again.

I still for a moment, only a moment. I can't see anything but I can definitely feel it as his breath fans over my face and as soon as I begin fighting to get away from him again, he presses his lips to mine. I instantly begin trying to pull my face away but he only leans in further and I am trapped, my wrists locked in one of his hands while his other arm is wrapped around me, keeping me right where I am with no hope of escape. I am left with no choice as I begin kissing him back, tentatively at first but then the kiss grows into something more, my emotions heated and barely breaking the surface as the kiss becomes angry and rushed. I kiss him hungrily, roughly.