Chapter 32

It wasn’t part of my plan to get my period the morning that we were leaving camp and I’d be spending all day on a bus with Nash and everyone else. But that’s exactly what ended up happening. I woke almost two hours early to horrible cramping, my body hung over at the waist as I took shaky steps towards the bathroom in the dimly lit cabin, the sun on the verge of rising. I glanced back at Nash over my shoulder, his chest rising and falling slowly, soft snores falling from his lips.

His long legs strewn across the bed, his arms stretched out where he had been holding me. I grabbed the basic stuff, cleaning myself up and changing panties before throwing on a pair of yoga tights under Nash’s sweatshirt. I heard soft tapping at the bathroom door as I rinsed off my face, having decided to just wake up now.

“Jasmine.” I heard Nash whisper. I swept my bloody panties of the floor and folded them within the black sweatpants, completely mortified was a basic description of how I felt. I opened the door and nudged past him, shoving the pants into my bag and zipping it shut, deciding that I had no choice but to deal with it when I got home.

The period struggle is real.

He walked behind me, placing a hand on my shoulder. “You’re being weird. Comeback to bed.” He said, his voice hoarse from sleep. I stood and walked back over to the bed, him getting in on the other side. I turned my back to him so he couldn’t see my face as another wave of cramps hit me. I whimpered, a tear slipping through my lids. And of course I’d forgotten any Midol or painkillers. Why the fuck would I need them to go camping. Stupid fucking me always forgetting to plan ahead for my period.

“What’s wrong?” He pleaded softly, his hand on my waist trying to turn me onto my back.  I huffed and rolled over onto my back, looking away from him as he laid on his side beside me, his soft fingers pushing up the sweatshirt to expose the bottom of my stomach and running circles into it. He probably didn’t realize how soothing that was, especially considering how it was helping with the cramps.

“You’re crying.” He observed sadly. His head ducked down to my neck, “What’s wrong?” He mumbled against my skin. “It’s nothing.” I sighed, blinking a couple times to get rid of the tears. His long fingers flattened against my stomach and he rubbed his warm hand back and forth. The cramps subsided and my breathing steadied.

“Is it me? What I said last night…”

“Nash, no. It’s not you.” His hand stopped moving, and he pulled away from my neck to look at me. “Then what?” He pushed.

“Please don’t stop.” I begged grabbing his hand and bringing it back up to my stomach. He nodded slowly before he continued rubbing his hand across my skin. “It’s your period.” He stated, kissing my temple. I nodded my head, too embarrassed to answer. He chuckled… He chuckled?

“This isn’t funny.” I whined. I could practically feel the warmth from my cheeks. “I’m not some immature 6th grader, Jasmine. You can tell me about your period.”

I frowned at his response, a little upset I’d been embarrassed for nothing. His fingers continued working over my skin, better than any heating pad I’d used before. “D-does this feel good?” He asked after a moment of quiet. “It makes the cramps go away, your hands are so warm.” I informed him. He seemed pleased with my response, smiling to himself. It was so strange because this was so sweet, so caring of him. I’d always pictured teenage boys screaming and running in horror at the mention of a tampon. Sam wasn’t very immature about it but he had been there through all of it, even spent the night when I had my first one. All the other boys I’d seen acted so disgusted about it, like it was completely horrifying. They were just so childish about the whole thing, and Nash was just such a goofy person, how was I supposed that to know that he would have reacted to so sweetly.

“Good.” He said, leaning down and capturing my lips in his, in a gentle peck. His hair was so long now, I realized as he pulled away and it hung down from his forehead and tickled mine. He licked his lips as he stared down at me, the look in his eyes making me weak. This boy was so good to me.

“You think you can fall back asleep if I keep doing this?” He asked. I nodded, leaning closer to him under the blankets. “Then I’ll keep on so that way you can sleep a little more before we hit the road, we’ve still got 2 hours.”

“Nash, you’re so good to me.” I gushed, leaning up and pressing a kiss to his neck. “I know.” He giggled as I began sprinkling kissed all along his jawline.

“Stop! That tickles.” He pleaded, moving his head away. “Go to sleep.” He said sternly, making his face into an over exaggerated frown. “Only if you go to sleep after I fall asleep. I don’t want you to stay up just for me.”

“It’s really not a big deal, but as you wish.” He assured me. He began humming to himself as he laid his head down on the pillow beside me. He was tone deaf but it was still such a beautiful sound just because it was Nash trying comfort me. I closed my ask and did as he asked, falling asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, my beautiful readers. 

I wanted to tell you guys a few places were you can ask me questions or talk to me at...

Tumblr: shut-up-and-nash-me

Twitter: nashtyflavor

I don't belive in using a story for self promo but I just wanted to make it easier for me to talk to you guys. I will follow you all back. 

I also may be starting a New Nash fanfic with a pretty interesting setup to it, so be on the look out for that.

As always,

Alyssa.