Chapter 35

Class was particularly loud today, I looked down at my paper and tried to copy the notes from a passage in the text book about the Massachusetts Bay Colony. I was getting a horrible headache and I just wanted to go home.
I could feel Nash staring at me and it was pissing me off. Go stare at Payten.
I glanced up a Mr. Santiago, he was sitting at his desk typing away at the keyboard. I pulled out my phone and unlocked it, a dorky photo of a shirtless Sam wearing one of my headbands on his head as he blew a kiss at the camera. I sent a quick text to Him.

"Can we leave early today?"

I locked my phone and continued taking notes until I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I glanced at te teacher before I pulled it out and checked his reply.

"Yeah, I've got free period next so we an just leave then and skip the rest of the day😏. We can just chill at my house👌"

"Ok because I don't feel good😔"

I replied quickly. He replied instantly.

"Better not be because of fuckboy🙇😒"

It was though. I glanced up at Nash and he was staring down at his phone smiling to himself. I saw Payten Meyers at the top of the screen. Nash and I had gym together next period but he wouldn't miss me anyways.

"It isn't... I just want to go home"

I sent the message and put my phone back in my pocket. Nash looked up at me but I looked away quickly, shifting in my seat to hide my face from him behind a curtain of hair. He sighed, leaning over his desk and scribbling on his paper again.
When the bell rang, I gather my shit and shoved it all into my bag, ready to get the fuck out of hell. Nash followed close behind me, reaching out and grabbing my wrist once we were out the door.
"I need to talk to you." He said, looking down at his feet. I shook my head, "I don't want to talk to you. Go talk to Payten."
He frowned, "I guess I deserved that one." He admitted.
I saw Sam walking towards us from the end of the hall. His red SnapBack was on back words and he held his binder in his hand, his long arms swinging by his sides. He was grinning at me, his jaw moving as he chewed some gum.
"You ready to go?" He asked when he reached us, grabbing my bag from me, a sort of habit of his.
Nash looked back and forth between us, forehead creased. "Where are you going? We've got gym next." He said.
I scoffed, "Fuck gym. We're going home." Sam chuckled beside me at the attitude in my voice.
Nash looked at me worriedly, "you're just going to ditch then? You never ditch." He sounded uncomfortable, obviously not knowing me as well as he thought he did.
"Sam and I have always ditched." I looked at Sam and he was grinning at me, "remember when we almost got caught by that cop at the stoplight?" He said, smiling to himself at the find memory. I laughed, remembering how scared I had been that I was going to get caught.
"Wow." Nash scoffed, jaw clenching. "Well I still need to talk to you." He said lowly.
I bit my lip, "well that's to bad. I'm leaving with Sam so you should have talked to me earlier when you were all over Payten."
He took a step away from me, but Sam cut him off before he got a chance to speak.
"You should really know people's reputations before you get involved with them. Payten is Gilinksy's ex."
Nash glared at Sam, "I don't give a fuck about Payten. I just need to talk to Jasmine." He spat at Sam.
"Tough shit, fuckboy. We're leaving right now." That was the last thing either of us said before I grabbed Sam's hand and pulled him down the hallway.
I was pissed at Nash but the way he was clenching his fists at his sides wasn't going to lead to anything good.
I was angry at him and I didn't understand why he was all over Payten. What did he expect to happen, for me to just be fine with it? I wouldn't deny that I was jealous, because I was. Maybe I was a hypocrite but that wasn't important. Nash was mine, and I wouldn't share him.
"So what should we get to eat." Sam said, huffing as I hurriedly tugged him down the hall.
"Just cause I'm upset at Nash, that doesn't mean you pick a fight with him." I said, not even answering his question, as we crossed the parking lot to his car.
"Relax, I was just fucking with him." He laughed.
Nash looked pissed, he looked hurt. To bad I was to angry at him to give a fuck. I opened the passenger door and got in, waiting for Sam to get in on the other side. I huffed, folding my arms over my chest and glaring out of the window.
"Well, let's just get Chick-Fil-A then." He sighed, starting the car and putting it in reverse. I mumbled a "sure" as we pulled out of the parking lot.
I felt a little guilty but I hoped Nash felt guiltier.