Chapter 50

Over a week. A week since Sam's blow up in the cafeteria. We hadn't spoken once despite the 63 text messages and 23 unanswered phone calls from him. The anger I felt for the first two days afterwards was long gone, replaced by a feeling of betrayal and hurt.
What if what Sam had said was right?

Not in the sense that I'd given Nash my virginity, because that hadn't happened, but what if we were moving too quickly. I didn't want regrets to creep in and cloud those beautiful memories with Nash but Sam's words continued to echo in the back of my head. He had a lot more power over me than he thought he did.

Nash was giving me a ride to Shawn's today. It was a little depressing that Sam was the one who always did this but I guess it was sort of good because it finally gave Shawn a chance to meet Nash.

Shawn had been itching to meet him ever since I finally told him that we'd started dating. That was almost a month ago but it seemed like it was just yesterday when I told him yes while we were at the fair.

I didn't want to think about the other things that happened that day. The memory of Sam standing me up for Sarah was an even bigger source of anxiety and embarrassment now that I knew what she'd really always thought of me.

I took a bite of my delicious croissant. Nash offered to get us some Starbucks this morning before my lessons and who was I to turn down free food? I turned and grinned at Nash as he took a sip of my white chocolate mocha latte.

"I thought you hated coffee, remember?" I raised an eyebrow at him as he glanced at me with a smug smirk.

"I just wanted to try, gosh!" He muttered in mock annoyance as he set the coffee back into the cup holder. He held out his hand to me and I took it gladly. It was getting colder out now, my hands still chilly from when I had to get out of the car to get the Starbucks with Nash. I didn't mind the cold as much, I loved cuddle weather and there was no doubt that Nash did too.

Besides, with the winter came all of the holidays that I loved. Christmas was in a little less than a month, my birthday two weeks before it. It was such a coincidence that both Nash and I's birthdays fell around the same time, but I thought it was cute.

"It's that house right there." I pointed, and Nash followed suit, pulling into Shawn's driveway. Nash opened his door and got out, I waited for him to come around and open my door. I grabbed the bag holding the breakfast sandwich we'd gotten for Shawn. I had to fight Nash off of it once he finished his own sandwich barely two minutes after we left Starbucks.

I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell, Shawn pulling the door open a moment later.

"Hey Jasmine." He said with a wide smile, leaning down and wrapping his arms around me in a friendly hug.

"Hey Shawn. Umm, this is Nash." I said, stepping back from Shawn so he could see Nash.

"Oh, hey! I've heard a whole lot about you." Shawn said loudly, holding out a hand as him and Nash did one of those weird bro-hugs. Nash chuckled and grinned over at me. I just knew Shawn would embarrass me. I pretended like I didn't see the smug look on Shawn's face as I nudged past him, "Come on." I muttered, rolling my eyes at them as they both laughed, following me through the house.

We walked into the family room where the piano was, me taking a seat on the couch, Nash sitting right beside me, Shawn taking a seat on the piano bench.

"This is for you." I handed him the bag and opened it, the cheery smile he wore on his face falling.

"What? No muffin?" He asked before cracking up into a fit of laughter as I scoffed and kicked at his shin.

"Don't you have like eighty in your pantry?" I said, trying to fight off my own laughter.

Nash looked at us confused, not quiet understanding what was so funny.