Chapter 33

When I woke up, Sam was standing over me, shaking my shoulder. “Jasmine, baby, wake up.” He yell whispered. I was on the bus, in one of the bunks.

I sat up, looking around, “How did I-“ I began.

“Nash carried you when we left, he said he didn’t want to wake you.” He told as he sat down beside me. I really needed to remember to tell him I hated being carried. “I don’t know if you’re still a little pissed at me but I remembered that it’s the 20th so I got you some stuff, because I know how you are about your, um… yeah.” He mumbled, his cheeks turning a lovely shade of pink as he picked the plastic bag up off the bus floor and set it on my lap.

“Oh my god, Sam. You’re amazing!” I grinned as I opened the bag. He had really went overboard, the bag containing a Twix, a small bag of Hot Cheetos, a Coke Zero, chocolate covered pretzels, a huge bag of beef jerky, Midol, and a small pack of menstrual pads. It may have seemed but coming from Sam, it was completely normal.

I couldn’t count how many times I’d randomly called him so he could bring me home random foods I had been craving, or when I had carefully explained why I’d preferred Kotex over other brands of menstrual products. He’d even remembered that I didn’t use pads because of when I was in 6th grade and an 8th grader had told me I’d pop my own cherry if I used a tampon.

I turned and smiled up at him, “This is… this is amazing Sammy. You saved me.” I leaned into his side and he wrapped his arm over my shoulder, hugging me close. It may have seemed a little awkward for him to get me all of this, but it was normal for us. Other girls had their girlfriends to run to, and I had Sam. He always came through, even when we weren’t really talking.

“I always do. I swear I always remember before you.” He chuckled, rubbing his hand up and down my arm. “May I add that it’s really fucking weird that I know a girls cycle better than her. What the fuck.” He noted. I giggled, turning and looking at him. He stared down at me with those long lashes, and those caramel eyes. He really was beautiful, especially with those dimples as he smiled at me.

“I, um,” he paused clearing his throat, “I remembered all your favorite period foods; I even remembered to get you the milk chocolate pretzels instead of the white chocolate ones.” He mumbled, his other hand scratching at his neck.

“You better have.” I joked, looking down into the bag to make sure. One time he had accidentally gotten me white chocolate ones and I’d yelled at him, throwing the bag on the floor, before going on to cry for an hour about how sorry I was.

I’ll never forget the terrified look on his face when I’d randomly switched from screaming “You mother fucker! I wanted chocolate like me, not like you!” before bursting out into tears and clutching at him as I blubbered on about how I was sorry and begging him not to leave to go get the right pretzels. I was a hot mess that day, and poor Sam just sat their holding me with absolutely no idea what was going on.

“Trust me. I’ll never make that fucking mistake again.” He rolled his eyes and scoffed as I laughed at him.

“Oh, laugh all you want, but you didn’t see your eyes that day. Like a wild animal about to rip me to shreds cause I got the wrong pretzels.” It was definitely an over exaggeration… I hoped. “Oh whatever!” I squealed, us both breaking out into a fit of laughter as the Jacks got on the bus.

“Nice to see you guys are back to normal.” Gilinksy smirked at us from the front of the bus as they both slumped down in a pair of seats. “Not quiet.” I heard Sam mutter but I pretended like I hadn’t.

Everyone else started getting on and I saw Nash was the last one. Sam stood and turned to me, “I’m glad I got all the right stuff for you. Wasn’t really sure if I had but you were asleep so…” He sort of faded into a mumble as Nash walked up to us. “Hey, what’s up?” He asked.

“Nothing.” Sam smiled down at me, taking his bottom lip between his teeth and nodding towards me, “I’ll talk to you when we get home.” He spoke quietly before turning. “Uh, thanks again Sam.” I said as he walked away.

“What did he want?” Nash asked, and I didn’t necessarily like his tone if I was being honest. “He got me some stuff.” I grinned as I opened the bag and pulled out the Twix. They were calling my name!

I ripped the wrapper open and took a bite, munching hungrily on the sweet chocolaty, caramel covered cookie. He looked at me weirdly, huffing and sitting down on the bed across from me, watching me intently.

“What sort of stuff?”

“You know… Period stuff.” I looked away, slightly embarrassed. He scoffed and leaned back against the wall on the other side of the bed. “You couldn’t have just asked me for it?” He asked.

I shook my head and took another bite, “I didn’t ask him. He just got it for me.” I smiled to myself because this was one of the sweetest things he’d done for me. “He got all the right stuff.” I gushed, leaning back on the bed and grinning from ear to ear. Not only for the fact that I had this glorious chocolaty goodness rolling down my throat, or the fact that the cramps hadn’t come back since I’d woken up, but also the fact that I was happy to know I was still on Sam’s mind.

“You know, if you had even told me about it when you woke up, or if you even had asked me for any of that, I would have gotten it for you.” He said, sounding pissed off.

“I know you would have but it’s too late now so why is it important?” I sat up so I could look at him. He was looking down at the ground between the bunks, a frown set on his face. “It isn’t. Forget it.”

“Ok then.” I huffed, taking another bite of my Twix. Only about to more bites left, and I felt like I wanted to cry.

“Naasshhh.” I whined. He shot up from the bunk and stood in front of me, “What? What’s wrong?” He asked, his hand darting out to my cheek to cradle my face. I made my face look as pathetic as possible, grimacing. His face swooped down and he pecked his lips against mine. “M-my chocolate. My Twix is almost gone.” I whispered, taking yet another bite right in front of his face.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” He huffed. I laughed slightly as I shook my head, “No! This is not a joke. I need more. Would you save me and go get me some before this bus starts moving. I’d be so grateful.” I grabbed his hands and intertwined our fingers, making a puppy dog face.

“Of course.” He chuckled, pecking my cheek before he turned and ran off the bus. I giggled and laid back against the wall, taking out the Midol and the Coke so I could try and prevent the cramps before they happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so last time a couple of you were commenting saying that the story was blank. I have no idea why it was like that, and i don't even know how to fix it so the best thing to do is probably just veiw it from the website. I'm so sorry about the inconvenience and I'm trying to find a way to fix it.

As always,

Alyssa.