Chapter 87

Jasmine's POV

Nash held me as I cried, us collapsing into a pile on the floor of the hallway. People were staring, I could feel panic setting in as my breathing was becoming harder and harder. I knew Nash could tell because he was staring at me with wide eyes as he shifted us frantically so he could pick me up bridal style. The walk back to his car was painful as he carried me through the school parking lot and hundreds of teenagers on their way to class watched me cling to him and sob into his chest with judgment in their eyes and cruel comments coming from their mouths.

"It's okay Jasmine. I'm going to take you home and take care of you." He tells me as he opens the passenger door and set me in the seat. He reaches across me to buckle my seat belt as he kisses my forehead.

"I love you." He says quietly and pulls away, shutting the door. I think we both know I won't be saying it back.

I don't think I was ever in love with Nash, I care for him deeply and I don't want to hurt him but I can't force myself to love him like I did before. That's how all of this happened. I still have hope that I could grow to fall for him but I won't try to convince myself I have because all that would be is a desperate attempt to get over Sam.

I don't realize I'm asleep until I awake when Nash lifts me out of the car. I'm still unstable from the breakdown in the hallway but sleeping on the way to my house has relaxed my body some and the only evidence of me crying is my tear stained face that I wipe at with my sleeve.

"You don't have to carry me." I mumble against his neck and he chuckles.

"Still as stubborn as ever than?" He asks as he sets me down on my feet in front of the door. Despite the shitty morning I've put him through, he manages to grin at me as I search for my keys in my bag. This is what I need, a happy Nash to keep me laughing and distract me.

I find the keys in the very bottom of my bag and unlock the door, pushing it open and letting Nash walk in ahead of me.

"I should have gotten you something to eat." He groans, looking at me apologetically as I kick off my UGGs.

"No, you don't have to worry about feeding me Nash. I've got food here okay? It's not your responsibility to take care of me." He frowns at me but doesn't try and say anything as I walk over and pull a blanket out of the wooden chest in the corner.

I set it down on the couch and walk into the kitchen to get something to eat.

"You know that they're doing winter formal late this year?" I ask Nash as I open up the fridge.

"Oh? I'm guessing you want to go." I can hear the smirk in his voice.

"Yeah, I sort of thought it would be fun and get my mind off of things." I mumble as I pull a leftover box of pizza out. It's cheese and grilled chicken topped and I know Nash is nowhere near picky.

"I had thought of asking you but than that whole thing with Sam happened and you were so upset. I didn't think you'd want to go." I feel his hand on my hip as I set the pizza box on the counter and he reaches up into the cupboard in front of me to grab a plate for us.

"Well I didn't really want to go honestly but I've been thinking about it and I think it would be fun." I explain as I set three slices on the plate. One for me and two for Nash.

"Okay, than I'll take you. I want you to have fun." I feel his eyes on me so I force a smile onto my face as I shove the plate into the microwave. I doubt I'll have any fun at all if I'm being honest but I know Nash will enjoy himself and I don't want him to get bored of me so I have to find ways to keep him entertained. He's all I have.