Chapter 61

Jasmine's POV

The blaring sound of my phone's alarm was what dragged me out of my sleep, the sudden way in which Sam's hips bucked up off the mattress under me and the way his arms tightened around me was enough to make me forget why I even needed to shut it off. My head was aching and the noise was beating away at the inside of my skull, only intensifying my headache in my hung over state, so I reluctantly unwrapped his arms from around me and got up from my position of straddling his lap.

Sammy's forehead creased and he unconsciously reached out for me before grabbing the pillow beside him and rolling over, crushing it under his weight and nuzzling his head into my many pillows thrown around the head of the bed.

It took me a moment to realize where the noise was coming from before I realized my phone was in Sam's suit's jacket pocket. I hurriedly fished for it within the deep pocket so it wouldn't wake Sam. With a swipe of my thumb across the home screen, it was silenced but the noise had already done its damage, my head throbbing as I hurriedly crossed the hall to my bathroom.

I needed to pee, and I was glad to have that be the cause of my rush to the bathroom rather than a need to puke.

I hated throwing up more than anything.

I washed my hands, face, and brushed my teeth while in there, before walking back into my bedroom. I didn't really remember much after my third glass of champagne. The bits and pieces I did remember however, were perfect and I'd hold onto them forever. The memory of Sam holding my hand as he walked me down the stairs, the way he looked at me as I uncontrollably sang in the car, even the way he stayed with me last night and we slept in each other's arms.

I flushed as I remembered undressing myself when he had his back to me, I couldn't stop myself because I wanted to see his reaction and was gladly satisfied when he turned back around and his eyes widened, he was practically foaming at the mouth. I stifle a giggle when I recall the way he tensed up when I reached out and grazed my fingertips along his stomach, daring myself to trace along his v-line and comparing Nash's to it.

"Baby?" Sam groans into the pillow and though it's just a stupid pet-name that he uses for everyone these days, it makes my heart flutter and I find myself walking back over to the bed and crawling in beside him. He doesn't move except to wiggle closer to me and this time I wrap my arms around him, I'm the big spoon and he is the little one.

"You're so warm." He says, and something inside me twists as I realize how his words only echo the ones that Nash had said to me so many times before.

I jerk back from Sam, my arms unraveling from around his waist. He whines in protest but he's still half asleep so he doesn't say anything when I grab my phone and leave the room, muttering that I'll be right back.

I reach the end of the hall and sit on the top step, finally actually checking my phone. I've got 5 missed calls from him, 13 texts, and he's left two voicemails. My heart sinks as I am overwhelmed with guilt. I promised him that I wouldn't do this and here I am spending the night cuddling with Sam, us telling one another "I love you" repeatedly and all of this is crossing the just friend's line. We didn't kiss or sleep together, but the emotion is there and it's considered borderline cheating to some.

-Flashback-

"But when I go, you'll forget about me."

"Why would I do that? You're my boyfriend, Nash. I care about you." I say as I lean into him, laying my head on his chest as we both lay down again.

"Yeah, but how long will it take before you and Sam are fine again and suddenly I'm at the back of your mind." He asks harshly, and I don't want to look at him because I'm scared to see the same distance in his eyes as the day prior.