Chapter 101

It's a little more humid than usual and it has warmed up lately so I decide to wear shorts. They're white and I wear them with a purple crop top and purple vans. I'm a little nervous about showing my legs in shorts but it's too hot out today. I tie my hair up in a high ponytail and grab my now regular backpack. I've stopped using any of the bags Sam bought me.

"Morning mom," I kiss her cheek before I head towards the fridge. She hums in reply and I laugh softly as I dig through the fridge for a water bottle. She's never been much of a morning person, sort of like Nash.

My smile is wiped away as I realize I don't have a ride. I don't think Nash will be coming to give me one. I have no idea what's going on with him and I sort of feel like he's unreliable when we are fighting.

"Mom could you give me a ride to school?" I ask, reluctant since I know she worked late last night. I couldn't sleep, my anxiety was teetering and it took me until past midnight to finally calm down and I heard her come in.

She looks at me with narrow eyes and I immediately backtrack.

"Never mind, I'll just walk." I force a smile onto my face and back out of the kitchen. I shout a goodbye as I rush out of the door and shut it behind me. Now that I'm walking, I have to hurry or I'll be late. Walking into class late is my worst nightmare, everyone staring at you as you walk to the front of the class and hand in your slip. My stomach is in knots just thinking of it.

I get to the end of the street and plug in my headphones. It's about a twenty minute walk and I've got fifteen minutes until first bell. Maybe if I listen to a fast song and walk as quickly as possible, I can make it.

I walk quickly, a song blasting in my ears that lightens my mood just a little. It takes me a few moments to realize a car is trailing me. I pull out one earbud and internally crumble when I see the blue jeep.

"You're walking?" Nash yells, he turns down the music and I stare down at my feet and fidget with my phone in my hands. I don't know why but it feels as if I've been caught doing something I shouldn't be.

"I d-didn't know if y-you were going to, umm, I didn't," I trip over my words and just decide to stop talking.

"You didn't think I'd come?" He asks, hurt laced through his voice. I nod, still unable to find my voice.

"Jasmine I'm sorry about yesterday, just get in so I can explain myself," he pulls the car closer to the curb and I'm not sure if I really want that. What if it's awkward?

"Come on or I'll get out of the car instead," he says and I want to tell him to stop talking to me like he's in charge. I don't say anything and when I glance at him, he is watching me with a hopeful expression. My feet move beneath me, carrying me to the passenger door. I hate his stupid puppy dog expression and his beautiful eyes.

I shut the door as quietly as possible and shiver because the seat is freezing against my bare thighs.

Nash pulls away from the curb and I stay quiet, staring down at my phone in my lap as he drives.

"I'm sorry about yesterday," he barely reaches his hand across the console before deciding against it and placing his hand back on the steering wheel. I don't know if he was going to place it on my thigh or grab my hand in his but I wish he hadn't second guessed himself.

"I was out of line, I don't know why I said the things I did. I was just angry and stressed and I took it out on you, it was wrong and I shouldn't have." I'm relieved to hear that he isn't making excuses like I'd expected him to.

"Okay," I mumble. I need to get away from him before I can decide if I forgive him or not. I can't think when I'm trapped in this closed space with him, his scent thick and clouding my thoughts.