Chapter 31

~Geoff's POV~

"Alright, make sure you stay where I can see you, don't go too far-"

"Geoff?"

"Dinner is in two hours, we'll be here if you get thirsty-"

"Geoff?"

"Don't talk to strangers, be careful, and-"

"Geoff!"

"What Gavin?!" I look down at the small boy, tugging at my pant leg.

"Where's Ryan?"

I look around, suddenly realizing that Ryan really isn't with us.

"What?! Where-?!" I start as Jack taps my shoulder, pointing to a nearby tree. "Oh... He's over there. He should have told us when he ent over-" I grumble.

"Geoff..." Jack sighs.

"Alright, alright. Go have fun." I say, watching the group of kids run in the direction of the playground. I turn to Jack. "So any of the guys reply?" H e quickly pulls out his phone, scrolling his messages.

"Mmmm... yep, Burnie's coming, Joel's busy, and Gus... doesn't want to go outside." He shrugs.

"Well I didn't expect Gus to come." I mumble as Jack lays down the black and green checkered picnic blanket. I quickly sit on top of it. "Did you tell him where to meet us?"

"Yeah." His phone buzzes. "Oh and Griffon can't come either." I freeze as I reach over to the basket.

"Oh..." I reach inside and grab a soda. "It'll still be fun, I guess..."