Chapter 41

"So...what are you doing here? Er-uh- in town...I mean..." Jack stutters, nervously fiddling with the back of Michael's shirt.

"Well, I came to see my boys of course!" Their father says, happily standing in front of the couch where the family sits.

"Well, why now? Why come home now?" Jack asks, staring up at the man.

"Well I've had some things to take care of so I-"

"For three years?!" Jack yells, standing up. "You've been too busy to visit for three years?!"

"I'm sorry. It was something I had to take care of and I couldn't get you kids involved." Their father sighs. "I'm sorry." He runs a hand through his dark, jet black hair, looking down at the ground between Jack's feet. "If it means anything," He looks back up at the group, "I'm here now. And I am not leaving again."

Jack looks back at Geoff, who, through the entire conversation, has sat motionless, expressionless, simply staring at a fixed spot on the floor. Geoff silently looks back up at his brother. He doesn't know what to say. This decision is all up to Jack.

Jack sighs, looking between his brother and his father. "Fine. But this is your last chance. If you leave again, you aren't allowed back."

"I understand. Thank you." He smiles, looking around at each of the boys, eyes stopping on Ryan. "Thank you so very much..."