Ch. 20

~Geoff's POV~

"Gavin! Dan's here!" I yell as I glance out the window. The car pulls into the drive and, not long after, out jumps an excited Dan. Gavin quickly runs to the door and pulls it open.
"Hey B!" Gavin yells as Dan runs up the steps.
"Hey Gav!" They both run inside as Mr. Gruchy walks up to me.
"So i'll pick him up at the usual time tomorrow?"
"Sure" he nods and waves goodbye as he walks back to his car. I close the door, Dan stays over here all the time. Well, Gavin and he are best friends, i guess its only natural that this is like a second home.
"Do you boys want a snack?" I yell.
"Yeah!" several voices reply. I walk into the kitchen and I start on a little treat for them.

~Gavin's POV~

i close the door to my room and turn to my best friend.
"So B, what do you want to do?"
"I dunno..." he looks around. "let's play superheroes!"
"Yeah!" I yell.
"But we need a bad guy..."
"We can defeat the Mad King!" I yell.
"Yeah!" I pull open the door and we run to Ryan's room.
"Ryan! will you play with us?" we run up to him.
"No I'm busy." he says as he leans over something on his desk.
"Awww. please." we beg.
"If I play with you will you stop bugging me?"
"Yes!" I yell.
"Then okay. what are you playing?"
"Superheroes!" B replies.
"Alright I'll go get the Mar King." B and I nod and run out of the room.
"Now let's get X-Ray and Mogar." B suggests. I nod and we run to Ray's room where they both sit in the middle of the room.
"X-Ray, Mogar, we need you!" they both look up.
"The Mad King is at it again! We need to stop him!" Ray quickly stands and Michael does the same soon after.
"What did he do this time?" Michael, now Mogar, asks.
"He kidnapped Edgar again!" B yells, " but I think he's planning something much worse."
"Well we have to do something!" Mogar yells. we all leap into action. Dan, Mogar, X-Ray, and I run to our secret hideout. we all Chang into our costumes. Dan, clad in a ripped, paint splattered, stained lab coat, with goggles dangling from his neck and small beakers and test tubes lining his belt, jumps up.
"Let's do this!"
We quickly discover his secret warehouse. Dan leaps up to the roof, Mogar runs to stand by the front door, X-Ray and I crouch next to the window. Mogar gives a swift nod before kicking in the door while X-Ray and I leap through the window. The Mad King stands next to his workbench waiting for us.
"Hello," the villain starts, "and goodbye." he reaches back and grabs a small ball, throwing it at our feet. smoke soon surrounds us.
"No! he's getting away!" Suddenly a scream is heard. as the smoke clears the Mad King drops to his knees. a figure drops down from the rafters above.
"DantheMan!" He stands triumphantly above his defeated foe, crossbow resting on his shoulder.
"Another day saved." X-Ray states.
"Come, let's return to our base." Mogar commands. we all nod and run out of the building.

~Ryan's POV~

I stand up after the "superheroes" run out of my room. I quickly pull off my costume and go back to my desk. I pull out the small box and go back to work on my device. Hopefully now they won't bug me and I can finish it.