Ch. 5

Geoff's POV~~~

We finished cleaning so I went to get Ryan. I slowly crept to his door. I'm not trying to be sneaky. I just am. Plus it might be funny to scare the kid a little. I stood next to the door silently.

"No Edgar is happier in the hole! He's happier with mom!" What is he talking about?

"Mom...?" Ray, oh no Ray doesn't know anything about her.

"That's right... you didn’t know her did you?" I heard shuffling, then footsteps, and then it sounded as though Ryan sat on his bed. "That’s mom... she... she died when you were born.'

"Me?"

"Oh no! It wasn’t your fault! Not at all! Just... she was sick for a while..."

She was? I never noticed her being sick...

"It was her time I guess... She was an amazing lady. She was pretty, and so sweet and caring; she always put us ahead of everything, even dad." She was...

"Dad?"

Ray's lucky he didn’t know dad...

"Dad was mean, he didn’t care about us, he left a few years ago... I never liked him though... but Mom did, I never understood why, he gave me the creeps." Ryan's voice shook, was he crying?

It’s a good thing Ryan never liked him; he always stayed away from him. Dad was terrible... but he never treated them like he did me. Tears came to my eyes as I tried to push the memories away.

"It’s okay Rye!" I heard Ray Yell. Ray hates it when other people are sad; he's such a good boy.

"Yeah..." Ryan sounded a lot better, and it was silent until the two erupted in laughter. I crept passed the door and slipped into the bathroom. The tears had passed as I let out a shuddered sigh. I splashed some water on my face and quickly dried off before going back to Ryan's room. I knocked on the door,

"Hey we're done cleaning."

"Okay! We’re coming!" A few seconds later Ryan stepped out carrying a laughing Ray.

"I see you two had fun."

"Yeah..." he said as he tickled Ray, making him laugh even more.

I heard a crash from the living room, followed by a yell from Jack, "GAVIN! Don't! Get down from there!"

"Not again!" We both ran toward the noise.