Chapter 49

"Hello, I'm Jack Hunter, I'm here to pick up Michael and Gavin." Jack says, leaning on the school's front desk, he doesn't know why he still introduces himself. He's here constantly, the entire staff knows him, and his family by name. Habit, he supposes.

"Jack?" Says a voice from behind him. Jack looks over his shoulder.

"Geoff? I didn't realize they called you too." He says, nonchalantly.

"Uh, yeah, when I missed the call because I was in class they left a message at the office, then I guess they called you." Geoff replies, frantically looking around. "Is Ryan here too?"

"No, he's back home with dad."

"Alone? With him? You left him alone with dad?" Geoff repeats a desperate tone in his voice.

"Yeah so?" Jack asks, he doesn't understand why that would be a problem. He's their father and yeah, so he was really reluctant to stay with Ryan, he agreed.

"We need to get the boys and go. Now." Geoff commands.

"What? Why?" Jack asks, but is cut off by two small boys running between them before he can get an answer. He turns to the teacher that led them out, "So is there any other disciplinary action before we take them home?"

"Well, they are suspended for two days, but other than that no." The teacher replies.

"Okay, then let's go." Geoff says, rushing the family out the door.

As they reach the parking lot Jack is fuming. "Okay Geoff, I need answers. And I need them now."

"I know, I'll explain in the car."