Ch. 9

Here's a chapter cause I didn't have school today and I thought it appropriate.

~~~~~~~~~~

Geoff's POV~~

"I gotta go find my brother." They nodded, there was a silence, it wasn't exactly awkward but, uncomfortable to say the least. Then Burnie spoke up.
"Do you need our help?"
"I- uh... yeah, I think I will..." I looked down.
"So how do we get out of class?"
"Well, the school knows the situation with me and my brothers. So I can get out of class if something happens. And they'll pull Jack out too."
"Oh okay then, let's go."
We walked down to the office and I told them what happened. they said I could leave, they'd call Jack, and Burnie, Gus, and Joel could go with us but they had to get back to class when they finished. Jack came down to the office, he looked worried, he saw me and the guys standing there and walked over to the desk.
"Uh, I'm Jack-" he got cut off before he could finish.
"Don't worry, you're not in trouble. You're excused from all your classes today." he looked confused, until I spoke up.
"Jack, Ryan's missing." he turned around and stared at me.
"What?"
"He didn't go to his classes this morning, but he still dropped off Gavin, Michael, and Ray."
"It isn't like him to skip school..."
"Let's go," we walked out the door. We got in the car and turned the key, the engine coming to life.
"We have to stop by the school, they said there was something to tell us."

Time skip circa 15 min~~

We walked into the office at Ryan's school.
"Uh, I'm Geoff Hunter, Ryan Hunter's older brother."
"Oh yes! please come into the office, Mr. Ozpin would like to see you."
"O-okay..." yikes the principle.
As we sat down on the other side of a large desk, the principle turned to look at us.
"Lots been along time since you boys have sat in those chairs." He laughed.
"Yes sir, uh, you wanted to talk to us?" I croaked.
"Yes, Ryan, from what I have noticed, is, how do I say this, is the best behaved of the Hunter boys. This is unusual. Has he ever done anything like this before?"
"No sir, he hasn't." I responded.
"He's usually very well behaved at home." Jack added.
"Well, have you thought that he could have run off because of what happened to his mother?" there was a short silence, we had no idea what to say. Could that be it? "Well a parent came forward a little whole ago and said that he heard some other parents making snide comments about how Ryan was dropping off his brother. Most of them saying that "no mother should leave her infant to go to school with another child" and one mother even said she would call child services. It seems Ryan got very upset at that."
"I see..." Jack said.
"Alright well you should look for him. And please call the school when you do find him, and we'll contact you if he comes back here."
"Okay, thank you." I turned to my friends, "let's go."

Time skip 5 min~~

We were driving around Burnie and Joel had their heads out the windows.
"Ryan!"
"Ryan!"
Burnie sat back in the seat, "shit! where could he be?"
"Is he at home?"
"No I don't think so... I called the house, but no one answered." I replied.
"Maybe he doesn't want to get in trouble."
"... He doesn't want to get in trouble so he ignores our calls, seems possible but it doesn't seem like something Ryan would do. that seems like something one of us would do."
"Yeah but we should check anyway."
"Yeah... well the house isn't far from here, i'll walk over there and you guys keep driving around. I'll call you if I find him."
I park the car and get out as Jack slides into the driver seat and Gus jumps into the passenger seat. they drive away and I run in the direction of the house. God I hope he's in there.