Ch. 19

Geoff's POV~~
Jack and I walk into the elementary school building. I am so glad we heave today off. not only can I pick my brothers up from school, but I'm also going to look for a job today. we walk down the halls and over to the preschool rooms first. Ray sits against the wall, talking to another boy in his class.
"Hey Ray, who's your friend?"
The young, blonde haired boy jumps to his feet.
"Hi! I'm Kerry!" he holds out his hand.
"Hi I'm Geoff." I shake his small hand.
"And I'm jack." Jack does the same.
"It's nice to meet you!" wow, he's very polite...
"It's nice to meet you too."
"Well Ray we gotta go. Say bye to your friend."
"Bye Keerry!"
"Bye Ray!" I pick Ray up and walk down to the first grade rooms.
"Geoff! Geoff!" Gavin runs over to my side.
"What?"
"Can B come over?"
"B?"
"Dan." Jack whispers to me.
"Oh, yeah if it's okay with his parents."
"Yay! Can he stay the night?" I look over at Jack.
"Tonight?" he asks.
"Yeah!"
"Well it is Friday so sure."
"Yay!" Gavin runs over to his friend and I turn to Jack.
"When did he start calling Dan B?"
"A few weeks ago."
Gavin and Dan come running over, dragging Dan's parents close behind them.
"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Gruchy."
"Hi Geoff, Jack, Ray." Mr. Gruchy replies. "So Dan wants to spend the weekend at your house."
"Yep!" dan yells.
"It's alright with us." Mrs. Gruchy looks at me.
"Well it's okay with us too. Dan can come over anytime he wants."
"Alright so how about we drop him off at your house in about an hour."
"Alright."
Mr. Gruchy bends down to about Dan's height.
"Say bye to Gavin."
"Bye Gav!"
"Bye B!"
"B?" Mr. Gruchy looks at me. I simply shrug.
"Come on Gavin. we gotta go get Michael."
"Yay!"
When we all walk down to Michaels room, we don't hear yelling like usual. Michael stands by the door, next to a girl.
"Oh that must be Lindsay." I whisper.
"Should we leave them alone or..." jack questions.
"Nah." we walk Over to them. Hey Michael who's your friend?"
"Uh th-this is Lindsay." he stutters.
I lean over to him and whisper, loud enough for only him to hear. "so this is the girl you like?" he nods. "did you ask her yet?" He shakes his head.
"Lindsay, uh, do you want to come to the park with me this weekend?" he says, obviously very nervous.
"Yeah sure! but I gotta ask my mom."
"Of course. is she here yet?" I ask.
"Yeah. she's over there." she points off to the side.
"Well then let's go over and talk to her." a stand up and follow Lindsay over to her mom.
"Oh hello Ms...."
"Tuggey. And you are?"
"Geoff Hunter. My little brother Michael wanted to invite Lindsay to the park tomorrow to play."
"Oh that sounds like a great idea! Lindsay talks about Michael all the time, she really likes him. You know, I think she has a bit of a crush on him." she whispers. I look down at the kids, who seem to be paying no attention to us.
"Yeah, the other day Michael came up to me and wanted to know how to ask a girl out. He really likes Lindsay." We both laugh.
"So, when should I drop her off?" I pull out a pen and paper and scribble down our address.
"How does noon sound?"
"Sounds great!" I hand her the paper. "well come on Lindsay it's time to go!"
"Aww but I want to talk to Michael!"
"We you're gonna see him tomorrow."
"Yay! Bye Michael!" Lindsay quickly hugs him and runs up to her mom.
"B-bye..." Michael barely stutters out. As Lindsay and her mom walk away, Michael simply stares at them.
"Great, I think she broke him."
"come on, we still gotta get Ryan." I grab Michael's hand and pull him behind us all the way to Ryan's building. Where we find him sitting against the wall and fiddling with some little electronic thing. Ryan's two best friends, Adam and Adam, stand on either side of him.
"So what does it do?"
"Nothing yet, but it's gonna- oh hey guys!" he looks up at us.
"Hey Rye!" Ray yells, waving.
Ryan quickly stands up, throwing his backpack over his shoulder. "I'll see you guys Monday, hopefully with the finished product!"
"Bye" his friends reply.
"So what's the thing?" I point to the small box in his hands.
"Oh nothing."
"Nothing eh?"
"Yeah... nothing..." Ryan smirks.