26

"Hey-" Alec walked into my bedroom that night, looking around my room after noticing all the new items in it, a hand going to his ear at the loud noise I was making, "I've been looking for you everywhere-"

"Hi-" I stopped slamming on the new drum set I had gotten, seated in the corner of my room, flipping my stick on my hand, "Sorry, I've been out with Magnus- we did some shopping?"

"And you got-" Alec gestured towards me, blinking a few times, "Whatever that is?"

"It's called a drum set-" I got up, setting the sticks down, "Magnus thought it'd be a nice way for me to get out my anger- instead of hitting things-"

"So- instead of hitting- people-" Alec began to trail off, "You hit- those?"

"It's great-" I walked over to him, pushing myself to my very tippy toes for just a moment, pecking his lips, "I mean- these mundanes- they're onto something with this- music stuff- I even got these speakers- and I can play music- and play the drums with it- I even put up some soundproof foam-"

Alec watched me ramble, his eyes wide with amusement, a small smile on his lips, not saying anything.

"I think it adds a little spice to my room-" I gestured to the drums that sat in the corner of my room, "What do you think?"

"I mean- I love it." Alec looked down at me, then pecked my lips, "I'm glad you found something you like doing-"

I looked at him, "Really?"

"Of course-" Alec pecks my lips again, placing his hands on my waist, "And I love you-"

If this is what Valentine made me so afraid of.

I was all for it.

I softly smile, "I love you too."

-

"Hey-" I walked toward my boyfriend the next day, shoving a chip into my mouth, a bag in my hand, "What's up?"

"I'm- okay-" Alec turned at the sound of my voice, his eyes landing on me, a soft smile forming on his lips, gesturing to his shirt that I had put on, "Green's a nice color on you-"

"Oh yeah- sorry, I stole it from your closet this morning-" I looked down at his forest green button up that I had on, unbuttoned, accompanied by my usual cropped tank top, black jeans and boots, "Think the green, white and black go together nicely-"

"I like it on you-" Alec put a strand of my straightened hair behind my ear, "Steal my clothes more often-"

"Will do-" I pulled out a chip and held it above my head so it was in front of his mouth, "Chip?"

Alec playfully rolled his eyes, eating the chip out of my hand, before placing a hand on my waist, "Hey- how are you doing?"

"How am I doing?" I looked up at him confused, before realizing, "Oh- how am I doing-"

"Yes-" Alec nodded along with me in amusement, "How are you doing?-"

"I'm doing a lot better-" I set down my bag of chips on the table next to us and dusted off my hands, "Thanks to you."

"I'm glad." Alec reaches, using his thumb to dust off some crumbs off the corner of my mouth, making me scrunch my nose.

"Shadowhunter down." Jace's voice filled our ears, making Alec and I both look towards the sound.